44. Memories of a Sannin

This whole chapter is a flashback/story of Kazami's life when she was younger.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~12 years old~

He never noticed me.

Every time he messed up, frowned, laughed, cried...I saw it.

It was always Tsunade he was after; I suppose I can't really blame him for that. Tsunade was beautiful, smart, and perfect at basically everything she did. I wouldn't be surprised if she was Sarutobi Sensei's favorite student.

Tsunade was the love of his life.

Orochimaru was his rival.

So, what was I?

In his eyes..nothing.

He never once bothered to acknowledge my presence and the thought alone would send tears to my eyes. Tsunade regarded me as a friend but I envied her so much. I wanted to be like her! I wanted Jirayia to look at me with the same kindness in which he looked at her!

Why couldn't he look at me with a smile tainting his lips?

Why couldn't he look at me with a that burning passion in his eyes?

Tsunade giggled and teasingly held her bell up in Jirayia's face as he struggled against the restraints that held him back. Orochimaru sighed deeply and tossed his bell up and down in the air as I clutched mine tightly to my chest.

"Baka" Tsunade said smirking "how do you expect to become a great ninja if you can't even get a bell?!"

"Shut up you flat chested freak!"

Tsunade growled angrily and began beating up Jirayia as I frowned; Orochimaru turned towards me and laid a comforting hand on my shoulder as I glanced at him.

"What's wrong Kazami" he asked softly.

"Nothing" I replied, blushing slightly "well...It's just tha-"

"OROCHIMARU!" Jirayia said, cutting me off "are you just going to stand there and let Tsunade beat me up?! HELP A NINJA OUT!"

"Maybe you deserve it" Orochimaru said coldly as his grip on my shoulder suddenly tightened.

"Orochimaru-kun" I said, frowning with worry.

Orochimaru looked at me then smiled deeply as he removed his hand from my shoulder.

"Gomenesai" he said simply "I just don't understand why you like a guy like him Kazami...he's no good for you!"

I frowned again and watched as Jirayia continued to yelp in pain from the beating Tsunade was giving him.

"Yeah...I wonder that to."

~21 years old~

"Come on! Push Kazami!"

"WHAT DO YOU THINKING I'M DOING YOU....AHHHHHHH!"

"Remain calm" the doctor said soothingly.

"DON'T TELL ME TO REMAIN CALM WHEN I'M PUSHING SOMETHING THE SIZE OF A WATERMELON OUT OF SOMETHING THE SIZE OF A LEMON! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"