48. Team Kasai: Love

"My apologies Lord Kazekage."

"Sorry..."

"She didn't mean to Gaara!"

"Tch!"

Gaara exhaled deeply and glanced out of the window at all the burnt buildings and damage the village had suffered. It was just like that time when the Akatsuki had invaded; the village was a wreck again...thanks to one person!

We all turned towards Hope as she scoffed angrily and rolled her eyes.

"At least I killed the basterd!"

We all glanced at the dead body on the floor and I carefully inspected the large amount of blood around his chest area as though he had been stabbed, however, there was no wound in sight.

"I appreciate your brave attempts to stop the criminal" Gaara said, turning towards Hope "but I'm afraid this..."

He motioned to the burned buildings outside the window and the panicked townsfolk.

"...isn't what I was hoping for."

"AREN'T YOU THE KAZEKAGE?!" Hope yelled, placing her hands on her hips "I DON'T LOOK AFTER THIS DAMN VILLAGE! YOU DO! BESIDES, AS HOT AS IT FUCKING IS IN THIS PLACE; I'M SURPRISED THE SUN HASN'T ALREADY BURNED THIS SHIT TO THE GROUND!"

I got a irk mark on my forehead and punched Hope in the head as she yelped and hunched over. I placed my hand on her neck, forcing her to bow to Gaara, and looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry Gaara" I began, smiling "she doesn't know..."

"LET ME GO BITCH!"

"...her manners all that well! If she offended you in any way..."

"FUCK YOU!"

"...I'll be glad to take care of her!" I finished, glaring at Hope with anger clear on my face.

I let go of her and she quickly straightened up before glaring at me furiously and cracking her knuckles in a threatening manner.

"Hope" Gaara said calmly "you should really learn proper manners when speaking to someone of a higher rank than you. Now, I don't say this to sound like a ultimate superior to you because I would like for us to become friends. However..."

Gaara continued to talk and lecture Hope about the proper manners she should have for woman her age; I watched in irritation as Hope yawned in boredom and played with her nails.

Is she even going to try and listen to anything he's saying to her!?

"You can't expect to have any friends acting like a hoodlum" Gaara finished.

Hope's eyes widened and she glared daggers at Gaara as I nervously cleared my throat; he must have struck a nerve on her. Seems pretty common...

"I don't even have friends" she said bitterly, her sorrowful eyes not matching the level of anger coming from her mouth "so I don't give a damn what you call me!"

"You have a friend."

"WHERE?!"

Gaara smiled softly and pointed to himself as I could have sworn I saw Hope's cheek become gently dusted with a faint pink glow. Hope rolled her eyes and turned away from Gaara, falling silent, having us all stare at her in surprise.

He got her to shut up....wow!

"It's getting late" Gaara said, turning to Ryuku "I have two spare rooms, each with two beds in them, why don't you spend the night?"

Ryuku smiled gratefully and accepted the rooms as I slowly thought about what he had just said.

Two rooms...