51. Team Kasai: Let's play forever~

~Ryuku's POV~

Hmm, I'm not sure where I am...

I remember jumping to the side to avoid that log swinging in our direction; then I remember someone saying Welcome to Hell. Now, I'm in the middle of nowhere with nothing but tall redwood trees around me. To make matters worst, I seem to have lost my weapons pouch somewhere, and some creature took a good bite at my arm; leaving me to bleed heavily. I needn't worry about my weapons pouch; I'm sure it's close by Ruka.

Ruka....I hope she's ok.

I sighed deeply and slowly began walking forward as I observed my surroundings. There seems to be something watching me; I can sense it's Chakra level approaching me at a fast rate. I clutched at my bleeding arm with the opposite hand and leaned against a tree as the unknown thing continued to approch me. Damn, I promised mother I wouldn't use this to often but with the predicament I'm in I haven't a choice.

I closed my eyes and concentrated deeply, blocking out the noise of the approaching threat, as I waited for that faint, familiar, golden glow to appear. It finally appeared and I tugged on it, urging it to come out, as I got that familiar itchy sensation in my eyes. Okay, it's ready.

I opened my eyes and everything was black and white; confirming the fact that I had successfully activated my clans Kekkei Genkai.

The thing coming towards me finally thundered out of the trees and screamed loudly before charging at me. I looked down and focused on it's legs as I made the water from its body slowly wrap around the nerves in its legs.

"Kaneme!"

The thing dropped to the ground like a bag of cement, and my Kekkei Genkai deactivated, leaving me with a horrible throbbing sensation in my head. I winced and dropped to my knees as I clutched my head and glanced up at the creature through teary eyes of pain.

"H-Hope?"

"YOU FUCKING PRICK!" She yelled, brandishing her fist at me "I CAN'T FEEL OR MOVE MY LEGS! YOU FUCKED UP MY LEGS! WHAT WAS THE SHIT YOU JUST DID WITH YOUR EYES WHERE IT TURNED ALL GOLD WITH THAT LITTLE DESIGN?!?!"

"Gomenesai" I said calmly, reversing what I had done "but you were very stupid for charging me like that without identifying yourself! I could have permanently stopped your legs with my Kekkei Genkai!"

Hope slowly stood up and stared at me with wide eyes before holding out her hand to me. I let go of my throbbing head and took her hand as she helped me stand up.

"I didn't know you had a Kekkei Genkai; a really powerful one at that!"

"Well I didn't become a Jõnin by sheer luck" I replied "where's Ruka....and where's Kuro?! I thought you two were together?!"

"We were together" she said, rolling her eyes "then that baka ran off to go chase a rouge ninja and never came back!"

I exhaled in frustration and started walking off as Hope hastily followed me; that sounds like something Kuro would do. This is why we were never friends when we were younger.

"So" Hope began slowly "how old were you when you awakened your Kekkei Genkai?"

"Four."

"Four?!" She said in disbelief "w-what happened after you awakened it?!"

"Everyone from the clan was unsure why I had awakened it so early and as I result I went into a coma for a few months."

"Damn" Hope said, chewing on her bottom lip "so you were like a special case....how old are you suppose to be when it awakens?"