Aquarius (f) x Scorpio (m)

Aquarius and her best friend Libra were walking down the street.

"So, my cousin Scorpio is visiting tonight! I can't wait! We're going to a restaurant and he said I could bring a friend if I wanted, so do you want to come? Please?" Libra looked at Aquarius with puppy eyes.

"Sure. What's he like?"

"Well he seems scary at first but deep down I know he's nice and he's very caring."

"Cool. Can't wait to meet him. So how should I dress? Casual? Fancy? Or can I just wear a bath towel?"

Libra laughed. "Fancy. You'll want a nice dress and maybe a pair of heels. Do you have a dress or should we go shopping?"

"I have a really nice dress at home I've been dying to wear, but let's go shopping another day."

"Okay! I'm so excited! I think you'll like Scorpio."

"Yeah. Maybe."

***

Aquarius stood in front of the mirror. She wore a red dress with matching red heels. Then she decided to curl her hair and use a bit of makeup. She didn't want to look too overdone, but just fancy enough. Aquarius wondered what Scorpio was going to be like and if she was going to get along with him or not. Libra told her that he lives far away, but he was moving where they lived in a few days. After Aquarius was done, she waited for Libra to come pick her up.

***

Libra and Aquarius arrived.

"Oh that's him!" gasped Libra. They walked over to a table. Libra sat beside a handsome guy and he smiled at them. Aquarius sat across from Libra. "This is my cousin Scorpio. Scorpio, this is my best friend Aquarius."

"Nice to meet you." Scorpio smiled at Aquarius.

"Yeah, you too." Aquarius didn't know what Libra meant when she said Scorpio could be scary at first. He looked really nice like she said but not scary at all. She also noticed that he had nice eyes.

The waitress came by. Everyone ordered their food.

"So, you're Libra's age?" asked Scorpio.

"Yeah."

"Cool. I'm a year older."

Libra gasped. "Oh I know! If the two of you can get along we can do all kinds of stuff when you move here Scorpy!"

Scorpio nodded. "Okay. Sounds fun."

A few minutes later, the waitress came back with their food.

"So... What do you guys like to do?" asked Scorpio.

"I uh... We like to go shopping and stuff," replied Aquarius. Aquarius wondered why she was getting kind of shy and nervous. Was it because of Scorpio? Maybe it was his perfect eyes that looked at her like she was his best friend, or maybe it was his smile.

Libra nodded while stuffing her face with food. "Yeah we like to do all kinds of stuff."

Scorpio tried to think of more conversation topics. "Do any of you like dancing?"

Aquarius smiled shyly. "I do."

"Scorpio is a beautiful dancer, you should see him dance sometime," said Libra.

Scorpio's cheeks turned red. "I-I'm not THAT good."

"Yes you are. Hey! I thought of something! You guys both still love swimming right? We should go to the beach sometime it will be lots of fun."

"Sure!" agreed Aquarius and Scorpio at the same time.

Libra turned to Scorpio and smirked. "So, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Uh... Nope."

"Really? I thought you'd be popular with the ladies."

"I sort of am, but most of them are not my type."

"Cool. Aquarius and I aren't dating anyone either."

So that's what this is all about. Libra's trying to set us up. Although I think it might be working... Thought Aquarius.

Libra checked her phone. "Oh no! There's an emergency at home! I have to go but I want you two to stay here and finish your meals." She gave Scorpio a hug and ran off.

Aquarius and Scorpio sat there kind of awkwardly.

"It's unfortunate that Libra had to leave but we can keep talking right?" asked Scorpio.

"Yes. You seem pretty cool."

Scorpio smiled. "You're pretty cool yourself."

Aquarius blushed but Scorpio didn't notice. "Honestly I think the whole point of this was for Libra to set us up."

"Yeah, I kind of figured."

"So... Um... Is it working? Like did Libra do a good job at planning all this out?"

"I think it is working. I'm starting to like you."

"M-me too! I'm also starting to like you."

"Want to go do something after this?"

"Like what?"

"Like I don't know... Go to a movie, stargaze, walk around in the park whatever you want to do."

"I've never tried walking around at the park at night before."

"Okay. Then let's go." Scorpio went to pay for all three meals.

"I can pay for my own meal." Aquarius dug through her purse for her wallet.

"No. It's my treat."

"But this food is expensive. I have enough money."

"I know but you keep your money for something else."

"Wow. Thank you."

After, they got in Scorpio's car and they drove to the park. At first Aquarius wasn't sure if she trusted Scorpio enough to get in his car, but then she remembered that Libra wouldn't set her up with anyone even the least bit bad.

***

"We're just walking around barely able to see anything, yet it's still sort of cool." Aquarius went to put her hands in her pockets until she realized she was wearing a dress and not a hoodie.

"Yeah."

"I really did have fun tonight and I'd like to get to know you better. Unless you don't want to because that's perfectly fine."

"I had fun too." Then he stopped and took a deep breath. "Aquarius would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" Aquarius ran over and gave him a hug. "I'm going to have to thank Libra for this later."

"Yeah. She'll be happy to hear this." Then they walked back to the car holding each other's hands and Scorpio dropped Aquarius off at her house. Then he drove to the hotel he was staying at. He couldn't wait to spend more time with Aquarius.