Aquarius (f) x Leo (m)

Aquarius walked to school on her crutches. She recently fell down the stairs and broke her leg.

"Aquarius! Oh no what happened?" asked Pisces as she ran up to Aquarius. She helped her best friend up the stairs and held the door open for her.

"I fell down my stairs. And my floor loved me so much it broke my foot so I'd never be able to leave."

"I'll carry your books and stuff for you." Pisces took Aquarius' backpack off her shoulders, carrying it alongside her own backpack.

"Thanks. That will help a lot."

Leo suddenly ran up to them. "Hey guys! Oh no what happened to your leg?"

Aquarius sighed. "I fell down the stairs."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah of course. There's no way I'll let the stairs win by making me miserable. Now come on, we have to get to math." Aquarius walked away, swinging through the hallway on her crutches.

"Did she just say she won't let the stairs win?" asked Leo.

"She did. Wait, AQUARIUS! YOU CAN'T SWING ON YOUR CRUTCHES LIKE THAT!" Pisces ran after Aquarius, screaming at her the whole way.

***

The bell rang. Aquarius' next class was upstairs.

"Someone go up or the office to get the elevator key, while someone else go with Aquarius in the elevator," ordered the teacher.

"I'll get the key." Pisces jumped up at the first opportunity to get out of class.

"I'll go with her in the elevator," offered Leo.

Pisces went to get the elevator key, while Leo and Aquarius walked to the elevator.

Aquarius sighed. "This is so annoying."

"Yeah. At least you'll only be on crutches for a few weeks."

"Yeah, I guess."

Pisces returned with the elevator key and gave it to Aquarius. "See you guys at lunch."

"Bye." Aquarius unlocked the elevator and walked in with Leo. She pushed a button and the elevator went up, but then stopped.

"Huh? Why won't the doors open?" asked Leo.

"WHAT?!?" Aquarius was terrified of getting stuck in an elevator.

"I'm sure the doors are just stuck. Let's give them a minute."

"Y-Yeah. We'll be fine."

They waited a few minutes. When the doors still didn't open, Aquarius whispered in a terrified voice, "Leo? I think we're trapped."

"No we're not."

"We've been in here for five minutes. We're trapped."

"Uh oh. What do we do?"

"I don't know!

"We can't call Pisces because her phone will be turned off. Her biology class has a test now."

"Do you know the school number?"

"No, who knows the school number?"

"I don't know. I'll text Pisces for when the gets out of class."

"Isn't there usually a button for when the elevator gets stuck?"

"You mean this?" Aquarius pointed to a damaged button that was too broken to use.

"So we're going to be stuck on here for an hour."

"What? No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

"Don't panic! It's alright." Leo hugged Aquarius and tried to comfort her. Aquarius calmed down. "Are you calm now?"

"Yes, that helps."

"Okay good."

"So if we're going to be stuck here in this elevator for an hour we might as well talk. It'll help pass time."

"Okay. What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know."

"Me either."

"So, have any crushes?"

"Nope," replied Leo confidently.

"Liar."

"What? I'm not lying."

"Your blush is giving it away. So who's the lucky person?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Why not?" whined Aquarius.

"Because. I can't."

"I won't tell her. She won't have to know."

"But if I tell you she will know!"

"How will she... Oh you mean me. What? You like me?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay. Wanna ditch class and go on a date if we get out of here?"

"Sure. I don't have any important subjects for the rest of the day."

"Me either."

"So... We need something to do to pass time until Pisces receives the texts and tells someone to come get us."

"And?"

"I was thinking we could... Hug."

"Sure. Hugs sound nice." They started awkwardly hugging each other.

"To be honest, I'm kind of glad that we got stuck in this elevator."

"Me too, even though the thought of it makes me want to freak out," admitted Aquarius.

"Especially a small elevator like this one."

"Not helping."

"Sorry."

***

After a while, the elevator doors were forced open. The principal, Pisces and a few other people were there. Leo and Aquarius got out.

"I was so worried." Pisces pulled them both into a hug.

"It's okay. We're alright." Aquarius took big gulps of air, relieved to be out of the elevator.

"But how are you going to get back downstairs if the elevator is broken?" asked Leo.

Aquarius shrugged. "I don't know."

"Screw this." Leo picked Aquarius up while carrying her crutches in one hand.

"What's going on?" asked Pisces.

"We're going on a date," replied Aquarius.

"Aww! Have fun."

The principal crossed her arms. "Where are you two going?"

"Bye!" Leo ran down the stairs, ignoring the principal as she threatened to give them both detention.