Gemini (f) x Aquarius (m)

Gemini was struggling in art class. They were supposed to paint, but Gemini couldn't paint very well. Every time she tried to paint a person, it ended up looking more like a pear wearing a wig.

She sighed and accepted that she was going to fail this project.

"Are you alright?" asked the boy sitting next to her.

"Yeah. I'm just struggling with this."

"What's your name?"

"Gemini."

"I'm Aquarius. Want some help?"

"Sure. I love painting but I'm no good at it."

"Maybe I could teach you sometime."

"Really?"

"Yeah. We can meet up at the park and I'll bring the paints and canvases."

"You'll really do that for me? How about we meet up at the park Saturday?"

"Sure. I love painting, so it's nice bother to me at all."

***

On Saturday, Gemini met Aquarius at the park.

"Hi." Gemini waved awkwardly.

"Hi. Ready to paint?" asked Aquarius.

"Sure."

Aquarius passed her a paint brush, paints, and a canvas. "We can just share this glass of water."

"Okay. What are we going to paint?"

"How about the view in front of us?"

"But it's just grass and flowers."

"Exactly. Now let's start with the grass. What does the grass look like to you?"

"Green sticks."

"Try explaining that with as many details as you can."

"A stick that's curvy at the top. Various shades of green."

"Can you see all the different colours?"

"Yes. The grass is a darker green in some parts, some of it is a light green and some of it is a yellowish green at the top."

"So paint that."

"How?"

"Like this. Start with that shade of green and just paint a little bit of grass like this." Gemini watched Aquarius and tried the same thing. "Not bad. Now keep doing that."

***

"Done." Gemini examined her canvas.

"That's pretty good."

"I don't see how this will help me draw people."

"Try focusing on all the little details, like we just did with the grass."

"Okay. I'll give it a try. Thanks!"

"You're welcome."

***

A few days later, Gemini was in art class again. She was painting little details at a time, and eventually painted people who weren't painted badly. Except for their eyes. Gemini gave up with the eyes.

"Wow you've definitely improved." Aquarius gave her a nod of approval.

"It's all thanks to you."

"Nah. I'd say you have a talent for painting, you just needed to be inspired."

"So you're my inspiration," teased Gemini.

"Maybe." Aquarius turned to hide his light blush.

"Woah look at your painting. It's a lot better then mine."

"Yeah, but I've been painting since I was five."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My mom used to teach me."

"My parents didn't try to teach me anything."

"Oh. Well now I can teach you."

"Okay."

"Hmm... Maybe I could continue giving you painting lessons. For free of course."

"You don't have to do that."

"I love painting. It's no trouble for me at all."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you just want to spend more time with me."

"What?"

"I'm joking. But I do like spending time with you."

Aquarius didn't trust himself to speak without stuttering, so he simply nodded in reply.

***

Years later, Gemini and Aquarius opened their own art museum. They continued painting together and made a living off of selling their paintings. They both became famous painters.

They were so good, that their paintings were sold for thousands of dollars each.

They also taught their kids how to paint, and they had a happy family full of painters.

Except for their son Jack. He had zero artistic ability. Jack became a plumber, but he was happy so that's all that mattered.