Aries (f) x Aquarius (f)

*** This chapter and the ones after it are under editing, read at own risk***

Five years ago...

Aries and Aquarius were racing home from their middle school. Aries was ahead of Aquarius. Aries was almost at her house when Aquarius tackled Aries. They both fell on the soft grass.
"Hey! I was about to win!" pouted Aries.
"No way! You've beaten me ever since we started racing in seventh grade! I'm not letting you beat me again!" said Aquarius.
"It's only been a two years," said Aries.
"ONLY two years. I will beat you before we start grade ten!" promised Aquarius.
"You have a whole year then," said Aries. Then she tried to get up but Aquarius held her down.
"Hey! Let me go!" demanded Aries.
"Never!"
"Aquarius..."
"I'm actually really comfortable right here," said Aquarius.
"There's bugs in the grass!"
"So?"
"I hate bugs!"
"Just relax. Okay?" asked Aquarius.
"Okay," muttered Aries. They continued lying down on the grass with Aquarius' arms around Aries. Aquarius suddenly gathered up all her courage and leaned forward. She was two inches away from Aries' lips when she heard a door open. Both girls jumped up.
"What's going on?" asked Aries' Mom.
"We were racing home from school and I fell," lied Aries.
"Alright. Start packing your things we leave in a week," said Aries' Mom. Aries sighed and looked at the ground.
"What? What's she talking about?" asked Aquarius.
"My Mom got a job promotion. We're moving away," said Aries sadly.
"What? Please tell me you're joking!" pleaded Aquarius.
"I'm sorry," said Aries before walking inside. Aquarius ran home. As soon as she got in her room Aquarius started crying.

Aquarius was walking to school when she saw a big truck in Aries' yard. Aries and her family were packing up the last of their things.
"Oh look, Aries. There's Aquarius! Go say goodbye," said Aries' Mom. Aries looked up and ran over to Aquarius.
"I can't believe you're leaving me," said Aquarius.
"I don't want to. I guess this is goodbye," said Aries. Aquarius bit her lip.
"Wait! Before you go..." then Aquarius wrapped her arms around Aries and kissed her. Aquarius ran off before Aries had time to react.

Present time (five years later)

Aquarius was driving home from work. It was another exhausting day. Aquarius couldn't wait to go home and take a nice warm bath.

When Aquarius got home she noticed the door was unlocked. Aquarius went into her garage and walked back over to the door holding a shovel. She quietly opened the door and looked around. Nothing was damaged or stolen. Aquarius quietly snuck upstairs and pushed her bedroom door open.
"Hi are you-"
"AHHHHHHHHH!" Aquarius started swinging the shovel around.
"AQUARIUS STOP IT'S ME!" Aquarius stopped and took a good look at the girl in her room.
"Wait... ARIES? How did you get in here?" asked Aquarius.
"I learned how to pick locks," replied Aries.
"Why are you here?" asked Aquarius.
"I came back for you." Aquarius dropped the shovel and launched herself into Aries' arms.
"Did you really think I'd leave you behind and never see you again?" asked Aries.
"I didn't know! I cried for weeks after you left!" said Aquarius.
"Me too," said Aries.
"WAIT! How did you know where I live?" asked Aquarius.
"I asked Leo," replied Aries.
"Oh. I know that we've been texting each other but I'm so happy to have you here in front of me again!"
"There's something I've been meaning to ask you," said Aries.
"What is it?" asked Aquarius.
"Why did you kiss me before I left?"
"Oh. I... um... well..." Aquarius trailed off. She could feel the blush from her neck to her ears.
"Do you like girls?" asked Aries.
"Well obviously!"
"Me too!"
"What?" Then Aries kissed Aquarius. Aquarius kissed her back.
"I didn't want to talk about the kiss when we texted each other because it would of been harder knowing that the woman I love loves me back but she lives too far away for me to ever see her again. I didn't think I'd find you until I talked to Leo," explained Aries.
"The only thing that matters is that you're here and we're together again," said Aquarius.
"By the way..."
"What?"
"You never did beat me in a race before we reached tenth grade."
"That's because you moved away!"
"Yeah but you still didn't beat me!" said Aries.
"How about I race you to the ice cream shop?" asked Aquarius.
"Three... two... one... GO!" Aquarius and Aries both ran down the stairs and out through the door.
"STOP! I need to lock the door!" Aquarius locked the door. Then they continued their race. Aquarius was sweating heavily but she managed to catch up to Aries. Eventually Aquarius got there two seconds before Aries did.
"How did you beat me?" asked Aries. Aquarius stuck her tongue out.
"I've been practicing."
"Fine. Since I lost I suppose I'll have to buy you an ice cream," said Aries. Aquarius smiled.
"That would be lovely!" Then they walked into the ice cream shop holding hands.