Virgo (f) x Cancer (m)

Virgo was quickly driving to work. She wasn't really paying attention to what was in front of her.

I can't believe I'm late. How the heck did I oversleep? I set that stupid alarm and it didn't even work that useless piece of junk! Now I'm going to be late to my first day of work. Wonderful.

She was so deep in thought, she didn't know she actually hit something until she heard a big thump. What the heck was that? Virgo got out of her car and saw that she accidentally hit a boy.

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"Y-Yeah," whimpered the boy. Then he passed out.

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!" screamed Virgo. Of course there was no one around, so Virgo got her phone and called an ambulance herself. Then she stayed by the boy and made sure he was breathing until the ambulance arrived.

***

Cancer woke up. Where am I?

He tried to sit up, but his head felt like there was a needle going through it.

"Woah take it easy!" The nurse gently pushed him back down.

"Where am I?"

"You're in a hospital."

"What? A hospital? Why am I in a hospital?"

"You got hit by a truck. Are you okay? Are you hurting anywhere?"

"My head hurts, my arm hurts, and my leg hurts."

"On a scale of one to ten how bad is it?"

"Eleven." The nurse gave him a blank stare. "Fine. My head is like a ten and the rest is a... seven? Maybe?"

"You hit your head pretty hard. You broke your arm and your leg is fractured." I'll go alert the other nurses that you're awake. She left.

Cancer looked at the little table beside him and noticed a huge bouquet of flowers. Using his hand on the arm that wasn't broken, he took the card on the flowers and opened it.

To: The boy I accidentally hit with my car,
I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you. Hopefully you're alright. I was late to work and I feel so bad. I am so shitty for this. I'll visit you after work. You better be alright. I'll even pay your medical bills!
-Virgo

Cancer put the card back on the table. So the person that ran me over is named Virgo. He decided to wait and see if anyone would come to visit him.

***

Virgo got out of her truck and walked in the hospital. She was so worried about the boy that she hit, she almost got fired on the first day. Especially since she showed up late.

After she found out what room Cancer was in, she headed over there. When she walked in the room, Cancer was asleep. Virgo was about to come back another time, when she heard his voice.

"N-Nurse Joy?"

"Umm no it's just me. Virgo."

"You're the one that ran me over."

"Umm yeah. I see you've got the flowers I sent. I'm so sorry about that! I-"

"It's okay."

"It really isn't. I'm probably bothering you so I'll go-"

"Stay if you want. I don't have anyone else to keep me company."

"What do you mean?"

"My father is an alcoholic and my mom left when I was five. So you're my first and probably my only visitor."

"I'm so sorry to hear that."

"It's alright."

"Is there anything I can do to make up for accidentally hitting you with my truck? Anything at all? Besides paying your bills?"

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"There's got to be something."

"Maybe when I get out of the hospital, you could be my friend."

"What? Earlier today I hit you with my truck and you want to be my friend?"

"Well, you seem really nice. And now that I've lived through a possible near death experience because of you, it's like we have this connection."

Virgo groaned. "You're crazy."

"Yes, I really am. And I didn't get an answer yet."

"Yes. I'll be your friend. Anyway, I'm going to go out and get some lunch, want me to sneak you in something to eat?"

"I like burgers. No pickles, extra cheese."

"Okay. See you soon."

"Bye Virgo."

After Virgo left, Cancer was so bored waiting for Virgo to come back. When she did come back, she brought him some food and they started talking to each other.