Capricorn (f) x Gemini (m)

*** This chapter and the ones after it are under editing, read at own risk***

Capricorn neatly placed freshly cut flowers into a vase. She tied a blue ribbon around the vase, and put it on a shelf.

Capricorn owned a flower shop. She enjoyed being around flowers all day. She was in the middle of making a flower crown, when a bell rang. Capricorn eagerly looked up to see one of her regular customers.

Gemini wore a black hoodie and he had the same depressed look as he always did. Capricorn knew instantly what he'd ask for before he even spoke.

"The usual." He sighed and looked around the shop.

Capricorn gave him a bouquet of lilies. "You get the same bouquet on the same day, at the same time, once a week. I'd assume that you're buying them for someone special, but you always look so gloomy."

Gemini pulled some money out of his pocket and handed it so Capricorn. "Good thing it's not any of your business, right?"

Capricorn bit her lip and handed Gemini his change. "Sorry."

"It's fine." He took the flowers and left.

Capricorn always wondered what was going on. Every time that he came in her store, he wore that black hoodie and he looked miserable. Maybe he screwed things up in a relationship, and he keeps buying flowers to show how sorry he is. Thought Capricorn. She was curious, but she felt awkward asking about it.

The bell rang again. Capricorn looked up to see Cancer walking in carrying two bags from Subway.

Capricorn smiled. "Finally. I've been waiting to take a lunch break for a while now."

Cancer smiled and handed Capricorn her sub. Then she sat on the counter. "So, did I miss anything?"

Capricorn unwrapped her sub. "Mr depressed stopped by just now."

"I saw him walking out. I wonder what's up with him."

Capricorn shrugged. "Someone called in earlier. They want flowers for a wedding."

Cancer groaned. "Ugh. When it comes to weddings they're always so picky."

"Remember the mother in law that threw a tantrum because we didn't have flowers that matched her dress?"

Cancer laughed. "Don't bring up that nightmare."

"Speaking of nightmares, can you watch the store for a bit? I think I need a nap after lunch."

"What does that have to do with nightmares?"

"Because you get nightmares when you sleep. And you sleep when you take a nap."

Cancer laughed. "Of course."

***

A month later, Capricorn and Cancer were playing cards behind the counter when Gemini walked in.

"Let me guess. One bouquet of lilies?" Capricorn grabbed a bouquet of lilies from behind the counter.

"Actually... I think she's getting bored of lilies. I think I'll leave her some roses instead."