Mermaids [] Aqualad

Requested by Lizardgurl

-------

THERE ONCE WAS A BOY

I let out an exasperated sigh, letting my feet graze against the water.

My hands where behind me, propping myself up as I sat on the docks, looking into the sunset.

The cold, painful memories flashed through my eyes as they began to water with tears. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blond head emerge from the water.

His figure made its way towards me as I tried to dry my eyes off. "Hello," His deep voice spoke. "Why are you crying?"

I shooke my head, placing my hands back down. "I-I'm not crying,"

WHO SWAM TILL DAWN

"I do not believe that you are telling the truth." He spoke once again.

"And why would you care?!" I snapped, my voice raising an octave.

He gripped the dock, pulling himself out of the water. "You are to simply to beautiful to deserve to be hurt."

I let out a laugh, shaking my head and looking up into the sunset. "I am not beautiful,"

He placed his hand on my shoulder, water droplets slipping down my arm.  "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and you deserve to be happy, no matter what you've done."

My mind went blank, my (E/C) eyes glued to the water.

"Are you a mermaid?" I blurted out.

He let out a laugh, throwing his head back, the sunlight gleaming on his mocha colored skin. "No, unfortunately not."

I gave him a small smile, looking back out towards the pond. "Well, that's too bad."

"(Y/N)! It's dinner time!" My mother called from inside the cabin. "Coming, mum!" I called back.

I turned to the mystery boy, giving him another smile. "Sorry, I have to go."

He nodded. "I understand," I got up to leave, before remembering that I never got his name. "Oh, hey." I started. "I'm (Y/N), by the way."

He gave me a smile. "Kaldur,"

I smiled back at him. "Nice meeting you Kaldur,"

"And you as well, (Y/N)," He said, before slipping back into the water. I watched as the bubbles rapidly disappeared, then just as soon as he came, he was gone.

YET NEVER SWAM FAR ENOUGH