Chapter 24

3rd person's pov

Although Deku and Todoroki wanted to stay back and make sure Miyuki and Sue were gonna be alright, they each had a match coming up. Bakugo stayed behind to watch the two girls, while Denki and the others decided to go watch the match between Deku and Todoroki to support them. Bakugo sat in a seat near the window to the right of Miyuki's bed while Sue was towards the door, he sat in complete silence but to be honest he was shocked. He couldn't believe that this happened, that someone was now after Miyuki and her powers. "What are you still doing in here?" Bakugo looked up, spotting Shinji standing in the doorway. "What's it matter to you?" Bakugo glared at Shinji, who looked to Miyuki. "It doesn't matter to me. I just want to know because, I'm curious." Bakugo glared at Shinji, who was now leaning against the wall. "She's my best friend is that what you wanted to hear? Why are you even in here? You don't know her that well." Bakugo kept his eyes locked on Miyuki's sleeping form, "Well, I wanted to know if there was any way I could help her." Bakugo scoffed at Shinji's answer and stood up, "I'm going to watch the match. Don't lay a finger on her or you're dead, you got that you freak bastard!" Bakugo sneered as he walked out of the room while Shinji just sighed, taking Bakugo's seat near Miyuki's bed.

Meanwhile.....

The match between Todoroki and Deku began, Todoroki immediately attacks with an ice attack but Deku counters it with Detroit Smash, Todoroki creates a pillar of ice behind him to keep him from being blown out of bounds and he expected Deku to break his finger in order to defend against the ice attack. "It looks like this is the only way for young Midoriya to counter that attack." All Might stated watching the match, beside him sat Itsuki. Deku is then forced to break his next finger to defend against Todoroki's next attack, "I only have six more fingers which means I only have six more chances to find Todoroki's weakness before I break all of my fingers." Deku thought but Todoroki doesn't let up on the attacks. Eijiro comes back from defeating Tetsutetsu and sits down. He sarcastically compliments Bakugo and Todoroki for having techniques that blasts the stadium. "Quirks are just physical abilities that can get worn out just like anything else." Bakugo stated and thought for moment as that was the very reason he made his suit the way it was so that he could go beyond his limits. Todoroki's attacks relentlessly continue forcing Deku to break his last finger on his right hand but Todoroki withstands the smash and creates a tower of ice to run up and close the distance between them. Deku uses another smash to break the ice steps a part, but Todoroki avoids it and nearly freezes Deku at close range.

In order to break the ice that is slowly freezing him, Deku sacrifices his entire left arm and lets off a full powered smash. Todoroki withstands it by using an ice blockade and notes that this attack from Deku was significantly more powerful the previous ones which leads him to realize that his opponent is trying to keep him at a distance. Deku is startled by Todoroki's combat awareness and some viewing fans even comment that Todoroki is already stronger than the average pro hero. "Do you think Miyuki will wake up to see this?" Uraraka shook her head at Denki's question. "I don't know Denki, she was really injured." Uraraka looked back at him, "She was.. I don't know how she'll deal with the injury especially with someone after her." Bakugo sneered at Momo's statement, "She'll be fine! Miyuki is a strong person who won't let one stupid injury get in her way!" Bakugo stated scaring the others and he turned back to the fight. "Are you already to worn out from defending against my ice attacks?" Todoroki questioned Deku, but Deku doesn't respond and notices Todoroki shaking from the frost that had built up on the right side of his body. It reminded him of when he was watching Miyuki test her skills and the frost that had quickly built up on her slowed her down. "I'm sorry this match has been to intense. Miyuki would probably kill me if she saw what was happening. Midoriya, thanks for helping me irritate my father by letting me only use my ice and not my fire." Understanding that Deku has no fingers left to use against him, Todoroki uses one last attack he thinks will finish the battle.