Chapter 20

A/N: there is one thing that I'm going to be using creative liberties with in this chapter. It shouldn't actually break any of the character canon. I just wanted to let people know that I know some little aspects aren't part of the canon continuity.

Dragonball: Unforgotten  
Chapter Twenty

Deep breath. You reminded yourself, as you dipped on a meal shake meant for body builders, that you needed to keep calm. You looked out of the window to the endless blue sky. After Goku handed you the calorie and vitamin rich shake, he had gone off to talk with Kami.

Which left you with your thoughts. He had just proposed and accepted marriage for you at the same time. It was kind of humorous. You supposed it was a sign of a dominant personality that he just assumed you wanted to get married and made that choice for you. He was right of course. You wanted to get married to him.

You knew that at this point you were married to him in everything but name. Officially he'd only been your boyfriend for less than two weeks (assuming you hadn't been unconscious for long this time). But you had been living with him for months now. You trusted him with your life and you were willing to sort through all the challenges and oddities. Heck, you'd even considered lowering your self imposed reproductive age from mid to late twenties to your beginning twenties. Which was saying a great deal you felt.

"Okay! It's all set! Kami is going to marry us."

You looked to Goku with wide eyes. He was getting someone who was effectively a god of sorts to Earth to perform a wedding ceremony. You sat the empty glass down as your stomach turned over nervously.

"Let's go."

"R-right now?"

Goku nodded. "Yep."

"Goku, I'm a mess."

He frowned; you could still tell that he thought so too. "No. You look pretty."

"Goku," Kami said as he moved into the room, his wooden staff proceeding him. "Go change into some clean clothes. Let me talk to her for a minute."

Goku hesitates. You watched as he reluctantly agreed to what Kami said. You shifted nervously as the old not-Dino man walked closer to you. You averted your eyes from his probing yellow gaze, looking anywhere you could other than that very strange, very alien appearance of his. He might have helped to extend your life twice now but that didn't mean that you were used to such nonhuman looking creatures so quickly.

"He has asked me to marry the two of you. Is this what you want."

You nodded. "Yes."

"Even though you're dying and he might not make it back in time?"

Your breath hitched in surprise as you looked up towards the sagely guardians face. Alien. Had to be. Aliens existed tight? Ride-able clouds existed, the afterlife existed, so why not aliens? Was it rude to stare?he looked so strange that it was hard to look away.

"I love him," you said. "He wants to marry me so that he knows that I know he will try to keep his promise to save me."

"Hmm yes, Goku has always shown an aptitude for trying to help those who need help the most. Regardless of what it could cost him or the dangers involved."

Ouch. That was a nice way of being realistically cruel. He wasn't telling you anything you didn't already know. This whole thing really could just be him wanting to be the hero and not even realize it.

"I...I get that he might not actually love me. That this could just be his hero side wanting to save me. I get that. And I know he might fail. But what if he didn't fail? What if he does love me? I think we deserve to try. And if he doesn't love me then I won't hold him back. He's a good man. He deserves to be happy."