Chapter 111

Dragonball: Unforgotten

Chapter One Hundred and Eleven

The sky was different than that of Earth. So much so that it took you a few minutes to get used to breathing once again. Broly was the same although even when his lungs finally accepted the oxygen of the atmosphere, there was still a pained look on his face. You couldn't be sure that it was emotional pain or physical pain since at the moment those lines were very blurry.

"What planet is this?" Broly asked.

"Yardrats," you answered honestly as you looked around just out of habit.

The place really was just how you remembered it. You had spent a lot of time in this particular field as you learned how to handle your energy. Eventually those lessons turned into being able to sense other people's energy as well as using the instant transmission. Apparently there was something about this field that made training those techniques easier. Some sort of nexus point or something. It had some spiritual meaning to your adopted parents as well as the rest of the population that had been lost on you.

You massaged your scalp. Even though Broly had let you go and practically pushed you away from him once you'd gotten to the planet, it still stung. No doubt, you had lost more than a couple strands of hair.

"Why are we here?"

"I needed to get you away from everyone. Especially Goku."

"Kakarot."

"I call him Goku," you said in an even tone.

"He is a saiyan. His name is Kakarot."

"He wasn't raised as a saiyan. He was raised as Goku of Earth," you argued back with no real heat in your tone as you lowered your hands from your head. "Besides, I don't see you trying to come up with a saiyan name for me so why does his matter so much?"

"Yours is a saiyan name."

You looked at him and blinked a couple of times. Was it? You had assumed that your adopted parents had given you the name when they decided to be your parents. Though given the facts that they hadn't been to Earth by that point and your name didn't sound like the Yardratian names you'd heard so far, you supposed they could have found out your birth name from your defective pod. It made more sense than Bella being randomly picked by them at least.

"...How do you even know other saiyan names?" you asked Broly, side tracked by the topic.

"My father wrote a list of all the female and male names he remembered."

"Why?" It seemed like a strange thing to do as a hobby.

"He wrote down a lot of things he knew. So that there was some way to preserve our race's heritage."

That made sense. Unlike Vegeta, who you'd understood lived under the thumb of Frieza for years, Paragus had been able to express his own identity. On top of that, Paragus would have been older than Vegeta and would have experienced life as a Saiyan far more than said prince of all saiyans. By extension it did make sense that Broly would have been able to learn a great deal about the saiyan way of life and all that went into that. He might even know more than Vegeta even though he'd only been a baby when the planet was destroyed. Funny...you'd never considered just asking Broly all the questions you had. Though from how Broly had depicted his father up to this point maybe that lapse in judgment was understandable. From everything you knew it seemed like Paragus had been more about that hard knocks life style; including controlling Broly and forcing him to be a slave.