Chapter 108

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter One Hundred and Eight

The ground shook and water gushed up from what used to be a frozen lake. You stared up in both horror and awe as the boys fought. Goku, Gohan and Vegeta were doing their best to weave in and out around each other as they fought with Broly. Even Trunks was trying his best. And yet the largest saiyan was holding his own against their combined might.

You watched as Broly simply absorbed blow after blow. The icy winds howled and whipped all around you as Goku went in for another punch while Gohan lobbied an energy blast. Vegeta attacked from the other side as he attempted to get in a kick to the head. Despite his massive size, Broly kept up with them. You watched as he moved out of the way of Vegeta's kick just in time. Unfortunately for Goku that meant he caught it to the top of the head. Gohan moves in as his father's head whipped in the other direction. He and Trunks moved in at the same time.

Vegeta was used like a bat to plow into the half saiyans. You could practically hear the creaking of bones as they started to fracture. You clenched your fists as the awe and horror turned your stomach.

They were all fighting. And what did you do? You were on the ground marveling at what was happening. Marveling and fearing. The amount of power that everyone was showing was mind blowing. And the fact that they all lit up the surrounding area like overgrown fireflies only further mystified you. But that sense of helplessness as you watched them create shockwaves with every punch really got to you.

You didn't know what you could do it the situation but you had to try. You started towards the saiyan swarm but you didn't get very far. Gohan got right in front of you and put his hands on your shoulders.

"What are you doing?!"

"I want to help!" You said with an imploring, frightened tone.

Gohan called your name before pulling you to the side and shielding you with his body as a wayward energy blast hit the trees. Wood splinters flew everywhere and the smell of burning pines only added to the sense of urgency. But with how close Gohan was there wasn't really room for you to move. And you even stopped struggling when you felt Gohan's warm hand spread out over the small swell of your abdomen.

Pregnant. You were pregnant.

The weight of that truth and what it meant in that moment hit you like a sack of bricks. If you went out right now, even if you personally didn't die, there was a chance you'd get hit hard enough in the core that the child would die. You would have risked the life of your daughter because you wanted to help if Gohan hadn't reminded you. Fear and frustration raced through your veins in equal measure. You hated feeling useless. It brought back so many bad memories.

What was worse was the fact that in your moment of realization it seemed like it had begun to rain saiyans. Gohan was the only exception as he raced back up. But Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks made creators in the ground. Trees fell and snow melted from the energy. Trunks actually landed not too far away. You were able to get to the lilac haired half-saiyan as he attempted to get out of the hole and failed.

His body gave out pretty much at the same time you got to him. He collapsed against you. As Vegeta and Goku rose back up to take on the legendary Super Saiyan you laid Trunks on the ground. His breathing was uneven, strained. You squeezed your eyes closed for a moment and prayed to the universe that no one died because of your slip up. You'd been so focused on showing Broly something fun that you hadn't considered how he'd take to being in a frozen area. He had been trapped in the ice for years. You weren't sure how he had still been alive to be honest but that didn't change the fact that he had been. He must have been petrified and feeling betrayed when he saw that you'd brought him back to the ice.