Chapter 84

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter Eighty-four

The landscape before you looked like a scar across the land. It was certainly hard to describe but there just seemed to be something wrong with it. Like it was holding on to too much hatred and death. You didn't understand what was going on until you felt arms wrap around you as you floated above a scared Earth. You looked down at them to see Goku's signature weighted blue band. And within a few seconds you felt him bury his head against your hair.

"Really Goku?" You asked with an exhale.

He felt so warm. The pressure from his arms felt comforting. And the fact that he could hold you so intimately, so lovingly without the notion that he was ready for it to escalate was nice. Gohan was awesome but unlike Goku his trigger seemed to be physically touching you. And you just missed being held without anything happening before or after. More than you had apparently realized.

Goku said nothing as he held you. You slowly turned around so that you could look into his face. There was a lot to take in. Anger, sadness, longing, and quite a bit more anger. It hurt to see - none of that belonged on Goku, he shouldn't have to feel any of that. But he was and you knew that it was all your fault. Your actions were making him feel like shit so in turn your mood started to descend as well.

"Can you bring me back now?" Goku asked as he looked down at you. "I want to come home."

Damn. That pulled on all your heartstrings. You slowly moved down to the scared land of this particular dreamscape.

"I'll be leaving for Namek soon. Bulma said that she'd have the ship done after the dance so that'll be any time now."

"Good. Cause when I'm back, I'm going to hug you for real and never let go."

As he said this, it should be noted that his grip tightened. And that one of his hands were against the back of your head so that you couldn't move away. He had a dark look on his face as he held you too him; his thoughts of why exactly he could afford to let you go weren't pleasant. He didn't want you to look at his face because you'd probably want to think of more rules he wouldn't want to follow.

"Gotta let go at some point," you said with some levity in your tone.

"No I don't," he argued back.

"What if I'm sick?" You challenged.

"Hmmm I don't think we can get sick but if you get sick, I'll be sick with you."

"...huh that's right. You've never been sick huh?" And come to think of it, you'd never even so much as had a cold either. Funny how you were just realizing that.

"Nope. I've always been really healthy. Really really healthy," Goku up played his health as he remembered something you'd said a long time ago.

You'd once said how healthy males can get woman pregnant faster. From what he figured he got you pregnant the very first time you and he had sex. Far as he was concerned that meant that he was the healthiest male because not even Gohan had done that. The fact that you were already pregnant when you had sex with his son notwithstanding. Nor did he even consider or understand that you'd been in heat at that time and thus primed to get pregnant. He also conveniently forgot about the fact that out of everyone, he had been the one to contract that heart virus.

"Uhuh, What if I want to get a shower?"

Goku smiled into your hair. And you suddenly realized how silly that question in particular was.

"I'll shower with you."

Yeah, you should have seen that one coming.

"What if I have to use the toilet?"

"I'll plug my nose and hold you from the side instead."

...yuck. You were not letting him do that. But you continued with the impromptu 'What if' game because it seemed to be lightening his mood. Although you bit your tongue on any what ifs that involved Gohan or Broly. You figured that they might be touchy subjects.

And finally you brought up a scenario that was very likely to happen. Or at least partly plausible.

"What if I'm giving birth and telling you how much I hate you?"

"I'd hold you tighter cause I know you'd be lying."

"What if our daughter wanted a hug?"

Goku contemplated that for a long time all things considering. "Well I have two arms. I can hold you with one and still hug her."

"...what if we had more than one kid?"

Goku took a deep breath. As he did so you realized what you'd just asked him. Butterflies fluttered through your stomach right before a heavy rock dropped when you remembered the reality of the situation. Having more than one kid with Goku meant that he'd have to cheat on Chichi, break your rule, and that you'd be cheating on Gohan. Shit.

And you'd just dangled that plausibility in front of his face without meaning to.

Goku readjusted his grip as you shrank into yourself with anxiety and guilt. You felt his tail rubbing at your side as he rubbed his face into your hair with a bit smile. You knew that it made you a horrible person but you needed to backtrack that before that hope destroyed what you'd been trying to build.

"I mean - What if I have more than one kid? And like my possible future kid, and our daughter both want a hug at the same time?"

"If our," he emphasized that word strongly as he stopped rubbing his face around, "kids want a hug at the same time...I might let go. Maybe."

"What if one wasn't yours?"

...Gohan and Broly were both pretty adamant even if they both seemingly wanted different types of relationships. You weren't planning on having another kid any time soon but it was a possibility in the future. One you knew that Goku was going to detest.

"They will all be mine," he answered firmly.

Like hell if he planned to let you be alone with any male (except your future sons) once he returned. There was a reason he didn't plan to stop hugging you. If you were in his arms then you couldn't have sex with anyone else. So far as he knew at least. And you had a feeling from the start that was exactly why he decided he wasn't letting you out of his arms again.

"Goku, be reasonable."

"I am," he insisted. "The only reason Gohan was born was because I wasn't with you. The only reason Goten was born was because I wasn't with you. The only reason mine and Chichi's next kid will be born was because I wasn't with you. I'm not letting you do the same thing because you're not with me. I'm not going to leave you alone so that you have to lie or feel unsafe or unwanted ever again. We can have as many or as few kids as you want. But they will be ours. Everytime you want a baby I will be there. Everytime you want to have sex, I will be there. I don't care if my son ends up hating me. He doesn't understand what it's like to wake up and suddenly realize how everything went wrong because of one little wish."

No, he didn't. But you got the sinking feeling that he was about to. And that maybe he was right all along - the wish would change everything.