Chapter 29

Dragonball: Unforgotten

Chapter Twenty-nine

"Huh, Gohan, where's your lunch?" Erasa asked.

Her voice caught your attention as you looked to the half-saiyan teenager. It was odd to see him miss an opportunity to chow down. From what you'd come to understand it was like a biological imperative for saiyans to gorge themselves. Even when you were sick, right up till the end, you'd eaten twice what a normal human generally would. And that was probably because your stomach at the time had been replaced with a human one. Now that you were all back up to speed it was pretty easy to get three to four times without really having to worry. No matter what you ate it seemed difficult to gain a pound; you probably just weren't eating enough to do that. Either way you remembered Goku eating about what you ate now, if not more. It might have been coincidence but it didn't feel like it, not after your appetite had increased so much from already such a large scale.

Gohan laughed nervously, "I didn't bring it."

"You didn't bring one yesterday," Videl pointed out from beside him. "Is something going on at home?"

Wow, she jumped to conclusions pretty quickly. But at the same time you did want to know the answer to that. Did Chichi not want to make that much food? Also you noted how easy it was to get angry just after thinking about the woman who was at the center to one of your biggest messes. Much too easy.

"Huh, what do you mean?" the teenage boy asked with honesty.

"I mean isn't your mom or dad feeding you?" Videl probed again.

"Hey, lay off the kid Videl. He's probably just trying not to get fat. Not everyone can work it out at the gym like I do," Sharpner said.

You watched as he leaned back in his seat and winked up at you, his arms behind his head. He was paying far too much attention to where your attention was. He did have a point though. Sharpner did spend a lot of time at the gym and it showed. Even though you knew for a fact that Goku and Gohan were stronger than the blond haired human, based on eyesight Sharpner did look like the stronger one. Eyes just happened to be quite the deceiving little organ. And you should know you were on your third pair. Literally - you'd the ones you were born with harvested only to be replaced human eyes in your head for a while and then a few years ago your adopted parents grew you a new set so that now you had saiyan ones again.

"No, nothing like that!" Gohan defended his mother. "I just keep...uh...forgetting to bring it. You know I have to leave really early in the morning! So I just...forget to bring it?"

See, if he'd said it with more confidence it might not have seemed like such a lame excuse. As it was, because of his innocent and honest nature, it seemed like a flimsy cover up. Either way you stood up and walked down the one or two stairs until you were at Gohan's raised desk.

"Are you coming?" you asked casually.

"Uh..."

"Did you forget we were going to go get lunch since you forgot yours this morning?" You gave him a pointed look, spiking your energy slightly to hopefully alert his senses.

You weren't that great of a liar yourself. You just hoped that he didn't try to push it or make you mess up. But after a bit of blank staring, Gohan finally got it. You watched as the realization lit up his face. He nodded, scrambling to get up from his seat. And as everyone else got ready to go to the cafeteria, you led him up the rooftop.

"Thanks for that," Gohan said once the roof's door was open. "I wasn't sure that to do."

"So seriously, why didn't you bring lunch?" you asked him.