Chapter 41

Dragonball: Unforgotten

Chapter Forty-one

The weather was actually very nice. Though that wasn't too surprising seeing as it was May and that was a month known for a good balance. It wasn't too hot but there was plenty of sun. On top of that there was even a nice breeze that kept fluttering through. You stood underneath a tree in the main competition area though it seemed you were far from idle. Mentally at least. Physically you were about as still as a rock.

The green man standing there...it sort of looked like Kami. In a way. But he was much taller and obviously much younger. Not to mention his body was much broader. It was just that he shared the same green skin and large pointed ears as Kami. And his energy felt similar to the prior guardians. In fact, it almost felt like it was a part of it.

"Sorry, I have a question and it's going to sound rude."

He looked down at you with a sharp expression. He was exceedingly tall; more than two feet taller than you were. He felt so tall that he almost made you feel like a child.

"Are you Kami's kid?" you asked.

"No," he answered shortly.

"You just feel like him; that's why I asked," you muttered to yourself.

He seemed to make a contemplative noise as he stared down at you. "We fused years ago."

...fused. Okay. You really had no idea how that worked but you supposed it was a thing. Was that something that the green people did? You tried to remember what your adopted mother had called the prior guardian of the Earth but you didn't fare so well. The closest you could think of was Naked but that didn't seem like a real thing. As you thought about the short answer and many questions that the large green man had given you, you started to walk away. You stopped when you heard him speak once more.

"Goku is coming back today. Are you going to make him remember?"

The question startled you. So you turned to look around to stare at him. As far as you knew the only people who knew about the wish had been Kami, Mr. Popo, your parents, yourself Gohan, Trunks, Bulma and maybe Vegeta by this point. Though from how focused the last saiyan was on his room you weren't sure if he was really in those ranks. Maybe the fusion had something to do with it?

"You know about that?" you settled on asking.

The large man nodded. "Yes."

"How?" you asked, feeling a hint of bitterness creep into your heart.

"I have all of Kami's memories."

"...can I smack you and hurt him?"

"That's not how that works. He is gone."

Good - that was the bitter part of you talking. It was his wish that lead to all the complications that you faced now. You had asked him to help Goku if the worst should happen. You hadn't asked him to erase you from Goku's memories. That lead him into getting married to a woman you disliked, though admittedly you might have been a little bias before even meeting her. Not to mention the fact that he had died as a result. There were so many factors in that, actually, that you were sure it couldn't be all pinned on the fact that he didn't remember you. But it sure felt good to try and shift all the blame. Though you were still pissed at Goku it had been wavering like a flickering light; the massive amount of anger you had at Kami's wish was not likely to be distinguished anytime soon.

"Kami was a flawed man," the not-Kami said as he lowered his arms. "But his wish resulted in the salvation of the Earth. Without Gohan, Goku's brother would have enslaved the world."