Chapter 70

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter Seventy

"Gohan...you deal with him," you said as a sharp sort of irritation set into place.

Trunks had hijacked a wish. One that you could have used to make everyone's lives easier if you had been given time to think. And what did he use it for? To shave about eight or nine years off his life, give or take. What was with half Saiyans wanting to get rid of years of their life? Were they suicidal? Did they hate their lives? First it was Gohan saying he was going to spend a few hours a day in the chamber until he felt assured he could beat Broly. Which, over time, would mean that he would have to sacrifice years. Then it changed to just a couple days for intensive training in the chamber as he wanted to be able to beat his father. And now Trunks pulled this shit?

There wasn't much proof for the current situation being because of you. Yet somehow you got that sick, anger inducing feeling that it was. Yesterday Trunks brought up that you could live with him and he could be the big brother to the unborn child instead of Goten. You'd told him no because as a child he shouldn't have to worry about things like that. And today he wished that he was an "adult".

With all of that it certainly felt like it was because of you. Why else would Trunks wish years off his life? And judging by the look on Goten's face it didn't seem like it was something that the boys had planned together.

"Trunks! You didn't tell me you were going to get all grown up!" Goten called out, his arms waving in indignation. "I want to be big too!"

You avoided looking at Trunks directly seeing as his new grown up form meant that his childhood clothes were a thing of the past. Every seam had ripped. And seeing as how he had specifically modeled his idea of an adult after Gohan it meant that this adult body of his was ripped as fuck. But he'd been a child less than a minute ago. God that was messed up.

"Why me?" Gohan asked with an honest panicked expression.

"Because my 'shit level' is here," you motioned with your hand to an imaginary level above your head. "I know that you just got done training for a day. And you probably have a lot of things you want to see and do after that year. But I need you to explain to Bulma what just happened. Maybe get him some of your clothes. Actually do that first. Walking around naked is not okay no matter how attractive someone's body is."

Gohan's eyes widened as you accidentally let that slip. Damn you hadn't meant to say it like that. Despite the blush on your face, you stood your ground. You looked at him pointedly and waited for a bit more of a fight from him. But it didn't happen thankfully. Gohan focused and on a moment he was gone. You raised your energy as he left so that he could use that to locate where you and the boys were. Otherwise he would have to try and transmit himself blindly to an area you assumed he wasn't as familiar with. Which could go vet, very wrong.

Trunks started to stand up . And though you couldn't see it, he had a grin on his face. He opened and closed his hands a few times while he tried to get a feel for his new body. As he stood all the way up he looked towards where you were. It was so strange. He didn't feel any bigger but you definitely looked a lot smaller. Like a lot. Trunks took a few steps. He was able to get to you a lot faster too, closing the distance without as much effort.

"Wow you're short," Trunks said.

His voice felt different. It was strange. He could both hear himself and another person all at the same time. It was a lot deeper than before. Trunks' hands went to his throat and felt around. There was a little something different there. Like a bump under the skin that moved as he went to swallow or talk. It didn't stick out very far but it wasn't something that had been there before.