Chapter 54

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter fifty-four

You and the young Trunks looked at eachother with wide eyes as the battle unfolded. You could feel the power levels and energy like it was a part of yourself. Although it was more like piece work with Goku's the fact that you could feel anything from him at their distance was surprising. He was a dead man, halo and all. You shouldn't have felt him at all but you did.

And what you felt wasn't good.

"Okay, enough with the staring," Bulma clicked her tongue as she stood with you and Trunks. "Want to fill me in? What's happening."

"It doesn't make sense," Trunks said in a shaky voice. "Mom...I thought Goten's dad was a good guy."

"He is. Why?"

Trunks shook in a subtle manner. You could see him trembling with clenched fists. The way that his eyes went back and forth, searching without seeing, looked like he was either very angry or very afraid. You reached out and put your hand on his head.

"He's killing him," Trunks filled her in as he clenched his hands tighter. Definitely both angry and afraid.

"Vegeta...no, he wouldn't."

You shook your head slightly as you realized that she thought that Vegeta was killing Goku. It was an easy mistake to make considering the fact that it was a baffling turn of events. Just a few hours ago you were blissfully asleep on your own bed with Gotten. And now...

"No. Goku is killing Vegeta," you breathed out in disbelief.

Bulma's jaw dropped.

Gently you brushed your hand through Trunks' hair. It was an attempt at comfort. You just weren't sure if it was supposed to comfort him or yourself.

"I'll stop it," you said with a shaky tone yourself.

"How? He's so strong! My...my dad..."

You smiled weakly as you moved your hand away from the young child. "I'll figure something out. I always do. Uh, but...Trunks, Bulma, think you guys can go find Gohan and Goten. I left them in a park and I'm hoping they will still be there. Cause Gohan's going to need his shoulder popped back into place and I get the feeling that'd piss Chichi off."

"What? What happened to Gohan?"

Trunks' worried tone only made you feel worse. "Goku's dealing with a lot of shit in a very bad way right now. Gohan and Vegeta are just the physical embodiments of some of his issue. So they are easy targets."

Trunks grabbed your hand as you started to back away. Sure you could have used instant transmission right where you were but that seemed rude. You had a feeling that it was disorienting to witness.

"Dad and Gohan are a lot stronger than you," Trunks said with fear sleeping into his voice though he was trying not to show it. "If you go out there, he'll kill you."

You gave him a wavering smile as you gripped your hand around the small boy's. "I'm why he's fighting your dad and why he hurt Gohan. It's partially my fault. He won't hurt me like he's hurting everyone else."

Bulma's hands fell from the elbow grasp as she looked at you in shock. From the surprised look of comprehension that was putting order to her expression you hazarded a guess that she was starting to understand. She was one of the two friends of Goku's that knew you existed. Though unlike Yamcha you hadn't seen her once you and Goku left for the hunt. But she had been the one to supply you with the capsule house and dragonball radar. Not to mention her team of lawyers had made quick work of that sporting event.