Chapter 34

Dragonball: Unforgotten

Chapter Thirty-four

You wiped sweat off of your face with a cool, damp towel. As you took a deep breath you also spotted off some sweat from your chest and the back of your neck. You weren't the only one taking a breather but you had been the only one at the gym since it opened up. The sun had almost set and you mildly started to wonder what buffet place you were about to raid. Your stomach was almost at that point that you couldn't concentrate. Still...you could push yourself some more. So you did.

You'd started out the day with actual exercises. Running as fast as you could for as long. You were just quite glad that the treadmill had kept up with you. And that there weren't too many people in the small gym that day. As much as you wanted to be better than you were, you hated when people stared. And it wasn't like you had a special gym that you could go to for those who were otherwise super powered. So you used what you had at your disposal. Next was a variety of weighted exercises.

You pushed yourself all the way till lunch. Which you then ate a small party tray from your favorite place while sitting at the park. Afterwards it was on to the actual form - the stances, the way you hit, when you hit, how to block. All of the techniques that you had never had time to learn or were never taught growing up. And though you had been practicing since you got back to Earth you were still...sorta a beginner. Sure you were in the intermediate classes much to the awe of your teachers but you still felt like you were at the beginning. You weren't focused on doing any of them too fast or too strong because you didn't want to hurt anyone. You focused more on doing them correctly and making it feel natural. That's what you'd been doing for the last few hours. You'd gone through every sparring partner and all of your teachers, practicing with anyone who wanted to when they walked in through the door.

The only reason you stopped was because it was time for the actual classes to start. And the fact that you felt like you could eat a cow. That, at this point, was barely an overstatement. You were pretty sure that by the time you finished raiding all of the meats and yummy things at the buffet you'd have eaten enough to outweigh a baby cow. And even though it went into your stomach you had no idea where it all went.

Before you made it out of the door, however, you were stopped by a familiar figure. Her blue hair made her stand out quite a bit. Even among the radical colors of those around you. Bulma stood with a smile, sitting atop what looked to be a suped up motorcycle.

"I thought I'd find you here," Bulma said with a smile.

...she'd been looking for you? Why?

"How'd you find me? Why'd you find me?" you asked, blinking and looking at her.

She smiled, "I'm resourceful if you hadn't noticed. I just looked up all the best martial arts centers and correlated gossip about a girl with an insane amount of endurance. But I have to say, I'm surprised to find that it was this one. Satan's gym huh?"

"The guys here don't break if I touch them," you said with a bit of a shrug.

You tried to ignore the hype around Hercule Satan. Because it all felt over the top to you. But at the same time you had to admit that he had the best commercial training facilities. Those who wanted to be just like their hero trained hard, probably harder than the former champion himself at this point. And while you couldn't use your full physical strength on them they were well trained. Their form was good. And they didn't break if you took them to the floor. You'd started at less well known gyms but after one of the male students there had gotten a sprained from you sweep kicking his foot out from under him (he'd placed his feet wrong apparently...you really weren't sure how that happened), you'd figured out you'd needed people with an insane amount of practice and drive. Other than private masters it seemed that Satan's gyms were the answer.