Chapter 65

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter sixty-five

"Hey," you greeted Gohan as you passed him later that day on the way to Lunch. "Ready to head out?"

Gohan stopped and looked down at you. He still had that pensive look on his face even though Dende has healed Erasa up with no problems. You were grateful that happened. It was actually amusing how the lowest level of guardians, and the youngest to boot, was more helpful and competent than the supreme Kai that you had met. At least Dende was helpful and, to your knowledge, didn't try to hide Universe destroying secrets.

"I can't. Mom still needs help."

"Huh?" You asked in confusion. "Why?"

His pensive look only grew more severe as he tried to find a way to word it. He knew the situation between you and his dad now. And based on what you'd told him, the news was probably going to hurt you a little. But what was really strange was the confusion you displayed when he said that his mom needed help. After all, it had been your idea to give his dad and mom time along. Gohan figured you should have known what he'd been talking about. Especially since you'd almost faces the same yourself. As he tried to find a sensible way to put it, you stayed near. Though you shifted from one foot to the other as you waited. The other students passed by, some of them looking at you with a myriad of expressions. Usually disgust from females and interest from males; mostly. He tried to ignore that just like you were.

"I thought you had already..." he didn't want to bring up the word in a public place. But the embarrassed way he said his sentence let you know that he was talking about sex.

"...I have but what does that have to do with your mom needing help?" You asked in confusion.

Gohan frowned as though you'd just insulted him. Which only confused you more.

"I thought you'd be more understanding," Gohan said with a disappointed tone. "Since you've experienced it too. Didn't dad or anyone help you until you finished healing?"

"Wait okay, slow down. Are you saying your mom was hurt because she and Goku had sex? It's been days. Does that mean she's like actually hurt? Like go to a doctor or take a bean hurt?"

"Well yeah," Gohan said.

"Wow, seriously?" You couldn't help it, there was a sort of bewildered amazement in you voice.

"Weren't you?" Now he was the one confused.

"...no," you told him after a little hesitation, your eyebrows drawing together at the strange idea. "Like a little sore, but all girls are after the first time. Nothing that would need someone to help me about. I mean unless I had to run for my life from a saber tooth cat at that time. And I only say that because it happened.... Just not around that point. After the first time everything was fine."

Gohan looked at you in disbelief even as his ears turned red. "So dad didn't hurt you?"

You shook your head in embarassed disbelief. Gohan had a hard time understanding. His textbooks had never mentioned anything about a physical recovery period after procreational activities, it was true, but he always thought that had been left out so not to scare impressionable minds. After all, his mom had acted like she expected that to happen when she'd conceived Goten. Like that was normal. So he figured that the same thing happened around his conception too. Just like how it was happening now. But you seemed surprised. And considering that it was with his dad for either you or his mom...he could rule out his dad as the variable.

"...Gohan, answer me truthfully. Did you think sex was supposed to hurt?"

He nodded. Which really made you feel kind of bad.