Chapter 82

Dragonball: Unforgotten 

Chapter Eighty-Two

"Is it just me or has the nerd been glaring at us for the last ten minutes?" Sharpner asked.

The blond was too tall for you to be able to look over his shoulder without flying. So instead you waited till you could maneuver towards where Gohan was at your side. At which point you weren't even subtle as you stared right back at the teenage saiyan. Sharpner was right - Gohan had passed staring a while ago and slide right into glaring.

"Why do you even call him a nerd?" You asked to distract your date from the aggressive gaze of your boyfriend.

"Cause he is one," he replied.

"But you say it like it's a bad thing," you pointed out.

"The kid spends all his time studying. That's not normal."

"Hmm," You mused over quietly as the music started to fade to the next song. "You're right. He's always studying but trust me, that's not a bad thing. Martial Arts is on his study list."

"You know, even though I saw it for myself I'm having a hard time accepting that the nerd is the great saiyaman. It just doesn't match up."

"When's the last time you saw him change for gym?" You asked him quietly as you moved with the music.

Which, you noticed from his energy patterns, only further irritated Gohan. You were pretty touchy feely looking with Sharpner at the moment. But really that was just the nature of the dance. Teachers tried their best to keep the songs relatively appropriate for school but even with that, there was too much touching in Gohan's opinion. Which was much more conservative at that moment simply because you were dancing with someone else.

"What does that matter?"

"Sharpner...Gohan is ripped as fuck," you said bluntly. "And if you haven't noticed his proportion from shoulder to waist looking like a dorito more now than ever before, you're either blind or in denial."

"Oh yeah?" He asked challengingly.

"Yes. Trust me. He's definitely the great saiyaman."

The fact that Erasa had left her date to go talk to Gohan shouldn't bother you. They were friends after all. She'd been his biggest human supporter in the school. Even to the point that she had figured out his double identity before Videl. Then there was also the broken bone thing that had happened between them recently too. So it shouldn't have been a surprise that she went to talk with him. It shouldn't have bothered you. It did...but it shouldn't have.

The fact that it bothered you even a little made you feel hippocrytical. You had no right to be possessive and jealous over anyone, much less Gohan. Not only were you dancing with another man but there were a lot of things going on in your relational life. Goku still was adamant that you and he were married. You were even pregnant with his daughter. Then there was Broly who was kind of waiting for his chance to increase the species. Which was a fight and a half you weren't looking forward to. So the fact that Gohan might have more romantic attention from other girls shouldn't bother you. It did; but you felt bad about that.

"Guess Erasa noticed," Sharpner commented before a few couples blocked your view.

"Told you. He's hard to miss," you responded.

"Yeah, whatever."

You smiled at that, but only in the barest sense. Sharpner's ego was deceptively fragile at certain times. At other points he was as resolute as a mountain. It was nice seeing some of his fragility. Even if it came from an unpleasant circumstance.