Chapter 101

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter One hundred and one

You gently put your hands on Goku's arms. Even though you had a feeling that it would be impossible to get him to really let go of you right now, something inside of your gut said that you needed to. Only as you tried to move aside Goku's arms he locked them into place and buried his head into your hair. You let out a deep breath and relaxed your hands. They went into a mild "I give up" position before settling back down.

Goku grinned as he felt your temporary submission. He rubbed his cheek on the top of your head even as he took in deep breaths.

"Mine," he whispered so that only you could hear him. "All mine. We're going to start our life together now okay? I'll build you a house just like I said I would. That way you won't have to lie to everyone anymore."

Those words were heartwarmingly sweet. You tried to keep the smile off your face but it was easier said than done. It got infinitesimally easier when you saw the other's reactions. Trunks' nearly made you laugh from how heavily he was pouting. But Gohan and Brody's reactions were far less laugh worthy. Gohan was glaring at his father with so much anger it was a wonder he was able to keep it under wraps. Broly...did not look happy. He looked caught somewhere between rage and surprise.

And the name that you heard fall from his lips didn't help. "Kakarot..."

Goku finally looked up from his spot on your head. He leveled Broly with an even look. It wasn't like he'd forgotten that the other saiyan was there. It was more that getting a hold of you had been far more important. And a better experience compared to standing in front of the unreasonable saiyan.

"Broly," he greeted.

Broly clenched his fists. From the short distance between you and he, you could already see his body straightening up as though preparing for a fight. There was no doubt in your mind that was exactly what he was doing.

"Goku let me go."

"Never," he answered you in a very straight, no-nonsense tone.

"Goku, please."

"Nope."

You groaned as you swatted at his arms. Which apparently had not been your brightest idea. Broly stepped forward in rapid succession. He stopped a few inches away from you, if that. Goku looked up at the wrathful saiyan with an extremely tempered expression. Meanwhile you were just trying not to hyperventilate between the two walls of stubborn muscle.

"Don't touch her, Kakarot."

"It's too late for that."

You gaped, trying to find something to look at other than the thinly veiled abs belonging to Broly. Not that you were very successful. Goku still hadn't let you go and Broly hadn't stepped back either.

"Let go," Broly tried once more. From what you understood it was actually a great show of restraint on his part that he was even talking to Goku at all.

"No."

Goku was being a stubborn beast but that was something you should have expected by this point. He had already told you that he was going to hug you and not let go the second he got the chance. So far he was just making good on his word. Which left you with very few options. With Broly very quickly running out of patience as he dealt with the man that was his trigger, you knew that you needed to do something. Especially if Goku stubbornly clung to you instead of fighting the battle he was provoking. You weren't afraid that Goku would turn you into a meat shield or anything. It was more that you were worried he'd turn himself into the shield by turning his back to Broly.