Chapter 43

Dragonball: Unforgotten
Chapter Forty-three

Quick as a snake you grabbed the boys up as they tried to sneak into the adults area. From what you'd overhead of their scheming they had been trying to find someone to impersonate so that they could fight in the adult matches. Which was doomed to fail from the start. You weren't sure how the kids thought that they'd get away with impersonating an adult fighter when they were clearly children. There really was no one who they could disguise themselves as.

"Come on you two," you scolded as they struggled. "That wasn't a very smart plan."

"What do you know?" Trunks sassed you.

You sat them back down on the ground and lifted an eyebrow at the roguish behave. "I know that anyone that's worth fighting here already knows your ki signature. And that if you really want a match to see how good you are, you can do it somewhere a whole lot better than here."

"Huh, like where?" Goten asked as he tilted his head.

He was just too cute. You smiled as you leaned down. "Pretty much anywhere else. What do you say about fighting with me when this is all over?"

"Dad says you're weak," Trunks said dismissively.

Wow. That ass. Sure he'd probably been right when comparing it to his own power but still, that was rude.

"Hmm true but I've gotten better. I spent a while training with Gohan."

Goten eyes lit up. "Did you really train with big brother?"

"Oh yeah," you replied with a grin. You noticed that you actually had Trunks' attention though he tried to pretend otherwise. "He beat me so many times while we were in a super special place outside of time and space. How do you think he got so big and muscular so quickly? He had to carry me back every time. But each time I got stronger and stronger until suddenly I could keep up. Most of the time."

Not when he decided to go Super Saiyan of course but still. You still felt like it was quite an accomplishment. You hoped that you'd made the story entertaining enough for them. Although Gohan getting larger had little to do with you other than the fact that you and he ventured pretty far out and the gravity always got higher the farther you went out.

"You trained with Gohan?"

You shot up in surprise at Goku's innocent question. And as you did so you bumped into him. He'd been standing so close to you again that there hadn't been a way to avoid that. And for a brief moment as Goku instinctively went to balance you, you almost relaxed back into him. When you felt his hand around your wrist and one of them ghost over your hip like old friends you went very still. You pulled away without looking back.

Goku stared at you as you walked away. There was something about you that felt so painfully familiar. He couldn't put his finger on it but he knew you. He knew he did. He just couldn't remember. His hand flexed and relaxed as he scoured his mind. When he had grabbed you there had been something there. At first it felt warm. Like he was coming home. But then there was anxiety and fear. Like flashes of emotion so powerful that he had felt it through your skin. And that only confused him more.

"Are you okay Daddy?" Goten asked as he looked up at his father.

Goku looked down and smiled. "Of course Goten. Now, why aren't you two where you're supposed to be huh?"

______________________________

You struggled against the hold, flailing around as the scene unfolded before you. Gohan was screaming in pain as those freaks violently ripped out his energy. You picked your feet up and tried to kick at the shins of the person behind you. Who may you ask was that? Well none other than Goku. He was holding you so tightly from behind that you had no room to get leverage. And when you found some he tightened his grip.

"Let me go! He needs help! Let me go!" You called out as you continued to struggle.

You didn't care why everyone else was holding still. It was like they were heartless monsters listen to Gohan's screams. You needed to help your friend. But Goku had grabbed onto you the moment that you started to speed out. You fought against him as hard as your body was able but it didn't seem to make a difference. The worst thing was that no one else was moving to help him.

"Stop," Goku called out as you almost threw him off of you.

"You bastard," you spat at him as he resorted to grabbing your tail.

You couldn't move. His grip was firm and it hurt more than any punch to the gut. It felt like he was trying to pull your spine out of your body. But you tried to inch forward as you watched Gohan's glow fade away. Your breath hitched as you watched your friend fall. The two monsters that did that to him were getting away.

It wasn't until the short purple bastard moved towards Goku's side to tell him that he could let you go, that Goku finally released you. Without sparing Goku a glance you rushed out to Gohan. As did Videl. You almost wanted to yell at her- she too had just stood by because she'd been ordered to. What kind of a person did that? But you didn't. You got to Gohan first and instantly went to check if he was breathing. And if he had a heartbeat. His Ki felt like it was completely gone so you almost panicked. But you found the two vital signs.

Without thinking about it you pulled Ki out of your body and forced it into him. You didn't even consider the fact that you'd never actually done it yourself, only had it done to you. You steadily poured what power you had into your fallen friend, glaring at the large pink man as he got closer.

"You bastard," you hissed at him.

He seemed unaffected by your hostility. You pulled Gohan closer to you, cradling him to your chest despite the onlookers. Kabito, the man, blocked out your view of the crowd as he knelt down.

"Get away," you growled, baring your teeth at him animalistically.

As far as you were concerned he was part of the reason that Gohan had been hurt. Videl looked between you and the large man as her brain tried to understand what was happening.

"I'm here to help him. I will heal Gohan."

"I swear to the gods if you're lying I will rip you apart," you threatened him.

He grunted at you before getting to work. His healing technique felt extremely slow to you. But even as the others flew away you felt it working.