3: "i think you're awesome"

tw self harm abuse alcoholic mention

"good morning strawberry"

i scoffed at his silly nickname as i walked into the kitchen. he was just wearing jeans.
"you mind?" he gestured to his naked upper body. i shook my head and whipped my phone out.

if ur comfortable w it then do it. you do you

"aren't you nice?" he smiled at me and told me to sit. i sat down. "you want eggs or cereal?" he asked. i pointed to the lucky charms.
"lemme do it" he gave me a bowl and filled it with the cereal. "this is so cool!" he exclaimed. "im giving breakfast to my child! he's so weird. he got his food and sat opposite me. i fucking love cereal.
"mind if i talk to you about something?" he asked. i felt a bit sick but i nodded. "i read your files. i had to you know so i could...know stuff about you and your past"

oh god.
he knows i used to cut.
he knows about my anxiety disorder.
he knows about my parents divorcing and what effect it had on me.
he knows about my alcoholic mom.
he knows why im a mute right now.

"you are a strong kid. i was literally in tears reading it. just know that im always here for you" he said genuinely. i nodded and finished my food. "you dont need to speak if you dont want to. and if you wanna speak, do it at your own pace. no rush...you could upset yourself" he was quite serious. i nodded. he smiled at me. " and i think you're awesome"

i think you're awesome too :)

"a smiley face huh?" he grinned when he saw it. "i feel special"

you're really nice :) thank you

"thats not a problem" he put our stuff in the dishwasher and ruffled my hair. "you wanna play wii?" he asked. i jumped for the opportunity and pulled him to the living room.