6: "i don't like school"

"hey strawberry guess what!" it was the middle of the day and i was putting away some laundry. i put the clothes down and gave brendon my attention.
"you're starting a new school this monday" he said. my face fell and emotions exploded inside me. school?

"why you looking so sad?" he asked.
"i don't like school" i said quietly.
"me too. but you gotta be in education" he said. "schools don't teach you what you need to know" i told him. "plus you never use a day of your education!"
"look darling" he knelt down beside me. "i know you've had some bad experiences in the past. but i know you'll be okay. you're already doing amazing" he said.

he didn't get it. i covered my face with my hands, tears leaving my eyes.
"what are you doing?" he asked. i let out a quiet sob. "oh no please don't cry!" he tried moving my hands but i kept them where they were.
"look honestly if i could i wouldn't send you to school. but its the law" he said. i didn't respond.
"you wanna be alone?" he asked. i nodded.
"alright" he kissed my head gently and left the room, closing the door.

i uncovered my face and locked myself in my bathroom and cried.

what if i got bullied again?
would people know brendon was my dad?
would memories get triggered off?

is brendon disappointed in me? i washed my face and left the room to see brendon with a bowl of strawberries.
"im sorry" he said when he saw me. "i should of asked you if you wanted to go to a school"
"no, its okay. i know you only care"
"really?"
"yeah. you didn't make me cry. the thought of going to a school did"
"and" i took the bowl. "you gotta stop this" i giggled.
"yeah" he said awkwardly.