27: "happy birthday strawberry"

i woke up to see a bunch of gift bags on the floor. then it hit me: oh god... its my birthday and im now 14.

i got out of bed and looked in the bags.
happy birthday kid. i went out to get you some breakfast. enjoy the gifts, love you!
- b

i yawned and opened the first bag. inside was a physical copy of ariana grandes new album and a god is a women sweater. the second bag had an iphone 8 inside along with speakers, some itunes gift cards, a phone case, airpods and pop socket. the third bag had a dean dobbs top inside and some gift cards to some clothing stores. there was also an envelope with money inside of it.

i went and got ready into the dean dobbs t shirt and jeans. i brushed my hair and then put all the gifts away. i texted brendon and told him i was awake and about to set my new phone up and thanked him as well but he didn't reply as he was driving (do not disturb).

as i finished i heard brendon come home. he was holding a paper bag. i ran downstairs and flew into his arms.
"thanks so so much. i love you" i said.
"i love you too kid. happy birthday"  he kissed my head and we went to the kitchen. he'd brought me waffle. i ate them up and listened to his idea about a date with sarah.
"i was thinking i could take her to see a movie. but what if i cry?"
"brendon im sure she wouldn't judge you. you're a human. humans cry" i said. "plus you cry in front of me - heck, you cry on me!"
"i don't even know which one i'd get with her though" he added.
"what about you invite her here? you could choose a netflix movie, order some food..." i suggested.
"what about you?" he asked.
"i'll sit in my room, with food, watching the new season of orange is the new black" i said.
"you know you're too young to be watching that" he laughed.
"when you were my age you weren't even a virgin!" i exclaimed.

we finished eating then headed out. i put on yungblud and brendon started driving. i went on snapchat and took a video. first it was of me zooming in on my eye then i turned it to brendon and zoomed in on his eye. i captioned in hbd to me then uploaded it. brendon drove us to the trampoline house thing. i got so excited! we got out and headed inside to see there was even a roller rink next door!!

we put some skates on and brendon led the way. he tried to teach me but i ended up falling. i just smiled as he kept saying sorry and asking if i was hurt. i improved a little and i let out a loud laugh as brendon slipped and grabbed me. he grinned at me while i died of laughter.

the trampoline park was way better.

"brendon if you push me into this i swear to god!" i hissed. we were on the edge of a foam pit. he was holding me and threatening to push me in.
"gods not real darling" he jumped forward and i screamed.
"brendon no!" we fell inside and he laughed. "you suck ass!" i exclaimed.
but anyway, we left soon to get some lunch. we just got taco bell then we went home. i told brendon i didn't want a cake so he got me birthday cupcakes and they were adorable. i ate about three because they were so good!

we watched a movie afterwards and i went on instagram and did a lil q&a.

is it your birthday today?
yup

how old are you?
14

what did brendon get you?
merch, a phone, phone accessories, $$ etc.

are you physically mute or is it anxiety?
anxiety

scariest moment of your life?
there's waY too many

how was ariana grande?
amazing!!

hbd!
thank uuuuuuu 💞

what did justin get you?
idk im seeing him tonight for a concert

at five i got ready for the concert. i got into a thats the sprit sweater (justin gave me it for my birthday), black shorts, black fishnet tights and vans old skool. he also got me a black fanny pack which inside had my phone, money, ear phones, a portable charger and small snacks.

brendon dropped us off to the venue at 6pm. he was kinda worried to let me go out on my own at this time but he trusted justin. doors opened at 7 so we headed inside. brendon hugged me an extra time and said to call him if anything happened.
"i love you so much. have fun okay?" he says.
"i love you too" we hugged again and then we went.

me and justin took a boomerang and i captioned it: if y see me say hi lol

and we did! we went to the merch stand and i got the new album and a choker and justin got a t shirts. as we headed to the standing area a girl with a panic! tattoo stopped us. she said she'd been a fan of panic! since 2014 and thought i was awesome!

and guess what?? we met so many more! we even made two friends (not sinners) called eva and shane. we got their social medals and talked for ages (i typed). they'd never heard of panic! at the disco before - what a relief. but the sinners were totally cool. the concert was amazing. at first i was too scared to jump around but soon enough me and my friends danced away. when can you feel my heart was performed i cried. during blasphemy, justin put his arm round me. i mouthed along to the song. but then mantra was on.
"i have to sing along" i said to him. "we'll do it together"

"Do you wanna start a cult with me?
I'm not vibrating like I oughtta be
I need a purpose, I can't keep surfing
Through this existential misery
Now, we're gonna need some real estate
But if I choose my words carefully
Think I could fool you that I'm the guru
Wait, how do you spell "epiphany"?

[Chorus]
Before the truth will set you free, it'll piss you off
Before you find a place to be, you're gonna lose the plot
Too late to tell you now, one ear and right out the other one
'Cause all you ever do is chant the same old mantra
Yeah!

[Verse 2]
Could I have your attention, please?
It's time to tap into your tragedy
Think you could use a new abuser
Close your eyes and listen carefully
Imagine you're stood on a beach
Water gently lapping at your feet
But now you're sinking, what were you thinking?
That's all the time we have this week

[Chorus]
Before the truth will set you free, it'll piss you off
Before you find a place to be, you're gonna lose the plot
Too late to tell you now, one ear and right out the other one
'Cause all you ever do is chant the same old mantra

[Bridge]
And I know this doesn't make a lot of sense
But do you really wanna think all by yourself now?
All I'm asking for's a little bit of faith
You know it's easy to believe
And I know this doesn't make a lot of sense
You know you gotta work the corners of your mind now
All I'm asking for's a little bit of faith
You know it's easy to, so easy to believe

[Chorus]
Before the truth will set you free, it'll piss you off
Before you find a place to be, you're gonna lose the plot
Before the truth will set you free, it'll piss you off
Before you find a place to be, you're gonna lose the plot
Too late to tell you now, one ear and right out the other one
'Cause all you ever do is chant the same old mantra
Oh!"

everytime oliver said "mantra" me and justin yelled it with him. i could not stop smiling - i was singing along to my favourite band in public.
brendon came to collect us and i was so happy. justin told him everything on the way back. after justin got out of the car and went into his house brendon and me hugged.
"you are amazing"

best birthday ever.