11: "don't type like that"

"strawberry?" brendon knocked on my door. i buried myself under the duvet and cried. i'd had a nightmare and it was worse than usual. "strawberry why'd you lock your door?" he tried opening it.

i texted him quickly im sad :(
"you want me to make you happy again?" he asked.
idk i look a mess
"are you crying?"
yeah...
"can i come in and give you a hug?"

over this past month brendon has never seen me cry. i'd cover my face or leave the room. most of the time i'd lock my door and he wouldn't know.
i don't want you to see me cry
"you've seen me cry"
that was true. brendon is a massive cry baby. while i'd be covering my face not wanting to be seen, he'd have a full on meltdown. we watch queer eye together and damn did he get emo as fuck. one time during rehearsals he cried because of how amazing the band sounded. some fans made him a video project and he bawled into my shoulder. he may be 25 but he's the biggest cry baby i know.
but im an ugly crier :( i hated it when people saw me cry. i thought i looked weak and annoying.
"hey don't type that way. you are beautiful. and i care about you. fuck that anxiety telling you different"

i couldn't believe i was doing this. i unlocked the door and stepped back. tears streamed down my cheeks as the door opened. brendon took one look at me and put his arms round me. i cried harder as he held me tight, comforting me.
"what happened?" he asked as i sobbed into his arms. he pulled away and wiped my tears gently.
"i-i had a nightmare" i sniffled. "worse than usual"

"in so sorry kid...but why were you so ashamed for me to see you cry?" he asked softly.
"im weird" i said.
"i know" he laughed a little. "but don't call yourself horrible names. youre my little strawberry" he said. i nodded and he hugged me again. "you're the cutest crier i know" that made my heart g l o w.