Chapter 25: Ice

*Y/n POV*

I held my blade at the ready, as I continued down the icy hallway. I was keeping an out for anything weird, but nothing seemed to stick out that much.

That is, until I found a massive room, which seemed completely empty. I looked around, seeing the icy walls going up 50 feet, with no noticeable markings. I looked across the room from me, and saw a dark blue panel, with an inscription on it in the language of the gods.

I walked over and read it.

"Ye who has made it this far, beware. This room is protecting the resting deity, and the traps have no mercy on trespassers. The puzzle of this room is one that you will need to solve quickly."

As if on cue, four holes in the wall appeared, and swift, frozen air began to fill the room. It penetrated my coat and sent icy shards flying through the room, some of them cutting my coat and skin.

I kept reading the last bit, "The crystal shall lead your way."

I looked below the words, and saw a place where a piece could be put. I realized that this was for the crystal, and quickly grabbed it out of my pocket.

I was about to put it in, when an ice shard cut my hand, sending it flying. 

I ran after it and tried to grab it, getting stabbed in the back by another ice shard. I fell to the ground and rolled, landing near the crystal.

I reached out to grab it, but my hand got stabbed by another shard. I let out a scream, but grit my teeth, and reached out my other hand, grabbing the crystal.

I picked it up and pushed myself to a standing position, but got shot through the knee by another shard. I limped over to the inscription, being cut and sliced by shards all the way.

I shoved the crystal into the hole, and the walls began to shake. The ice shards stopped, and the wall with the inscription began to slowly sink into the ground.

Right before sinking into the ground, the crystal was shot back out, and I grabbed it, slipping it into my jacket pocket.

The wall completely sunk, and I walked past, continuing my journey.

[Timeskip]

I walked into the room at the end of the large tunnel, seeing a massive crystal of ice.

In which, was contained my goal.

"Articuno." I said.

I put my hand on the ice, looking at her.

"So, this is where you've been."

I held the crystal in my hand, and looked at the inscription near the base of the crystal.

"If you seek to free the ancient deity, the gift of a father is the key."

"The gift of a father, huh?"

I looked at the crystal in my hand, and then back at Articuno. I held the crystal up and it began to glow, merging into the ice. It floated through the ice up to her neck, and a string appeared around her neck, creating a necklace as the glow died down.

The ice began to melt, and not long after, she was free, and fell into my arms.

"I've missed you so, so much." I said, tears falling from my face.

"My beloved daughter."