Chapter 74: A Part

*Y/n POV*

"Hey Y/n," Ruby said, walking into my classroom, "Have you seen Yang today?"

"No," I said, looking up from my papers, "I haven't seen her since yesterday during class. Why?"

"She wasn't in the dorm this morning," She explained, " Her bed was completely empty."

"That's strange," I replied, "Could she have gone to get something to eat?"

"That's what I thought, but she wasn't in the cafeteria," Ruby answered, "Apparently someone heard footsteps heading towards the exit to the dorm last night. You don't think Yang would just leave in the middle of the night, do you?"

"I'm not sure," I said, standing from my desk, "Was she acting strange yesterday?"

"Well, there was something..."

{Flashback}

*Ruby POV*

I walked down the hall, towards the dorm. It had been a long day and I was looking to eat some cookies and go to sleep.

As I walked down the hall, I heard someone mumbling to themselves. I hid against the wall and looked around the corner, seeing that Yang was sitting there, her hand on her neck. She was leaning on the wall for support, and was speaking as if she was having a conversation with someone who wasn't there.

"Master..." She whispered.

"Uh, Yang?" I said, coming out from behind the corner, "Who are you talking to?"

"Oh, uh, Ruby," She said, scrambling to stand up and fix her hair, covering the place where her hand was, "Umm, no one."

"Really?" I asked, "It sounded like you said 'Master'. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, totally fine."

"Are you really-"

"I'm. Fine. Ruby." She growled, "Now let it go."

"Alright, alright, fine," I said, shrugging, "I'm just asking."

"Thanks, Sis," She said, "What to go get some cookies?"

"DO I!"

{Flashback Over}

*Y/n POV*

"..And then we went to go get cookies and I forgot about all that until now."

I listened as Ruby finished her story.

Yang calling someone 'Master', talking to herself, holding her neck, what in Great Arceus above is happening?

"This is all so strange," I observed, "Yang... there's something going on with her. We need to find her as soon as possible."

"That's what I was thinking," Ruby exclaimed, "So let's go find her!"

"Well you won't have to look too far."

We both whipped around to see the familiar voice that was standing in the bleachers. Yveltal was sitting on the top row, and stood up and began to walk towards us.

"Yveltal," I said, standing up and placing myself in front of Ruby, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I came to accept your surrender, old friend," He said, walking and stopping a yard in front of me, "After all, one of your precious students has already turned to me to grant me her power."

I heard an explosion, and turned to the window. A familiar blonde haired girl came flying through the window, her hair aflame and a familiar symbol on her neck.

"Yang!" Ruby yelled, "What are you doing?!"

Yang stood and walked over to Yveltal, standing behind him and smirking.

"It's simple, dear sister," She said, "I've merely joined the winning side."

"Ruby," I said, "Go find Iris, evacuate the school! I'll try to hold them off."

"Yang, stop her."

Ruby took off to the door of the class, followed quickly by Yang. Yveltal and I faced each other, both of us pulling our swords out in preparation for the fight.

"May Arceus have mercy," I said, holding my sword at the ready, "For I will not."

"Let's do this old man, I got places to be."