Chapter 34: Sons

*Y/n POV*

I sat next to Articuno, as we watched over Moltres and Zapdos. They were still completely knocked out, had been for the entire week.

As for my relationship, it's all okay now. Me and the girls had been on a few dates, had some dinner, gotten drunk, etc.

I was snapped out of my thoughts, as Articuno asked me a question.

"Hey Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Can you tell me a story? About the past, I mean."

"Hmm..." I hummed in thought, "A story about the past... alright, I got one."

She leaned against me, and I ran a hand through her hair.

"This is the Story of the Three Legends."

{Flashback}

[Whirlpool Islands]

I sat in the deepest part of the Whirlpool Islands, my eyes closed in meditation.

This was long before Celebi came to live in the Johto Region, and hundreds of thousands of years before Yveltal ever showed up. I was a... not a young man, but a younger man, still eager to learn and perfect myself.

This was also before I had hidden my islands from humans, back when humans had a respect of my space.

Suddenly, the entire island shook, sending me flying off my rocky perch. I stood up and looked around, hearing something coming from outside. It sounded like people yelling, and a ship running.

"Get those damn birds!"

"I'm gonna kill 'em!"

'What the hell is going on out there?'

I walked towards the exit of my cave, and went up to the edge of my island. Something flew across my vision, drenching me with water.

I looked at that something, and saw that it was a speed boat, with three men in it. One was driving, but the two others were commanding their pokemon to attack three spearows. The spearows were clearly hurt, and were running for their lives. If the men didn't stop, they would die.

"Stop!" I yelled, "You're going to kill them!"

My warnings fell on deaf ears, as the men continued to attack. I could only watch in fear, as my foolish belief that I should never use my powers for fighting, only for peace, stopped me from harming them.

It reached the point where the spearows were flying towards me for security, but they were too slow. I watched in horror, as a thunderbolt struck them, and they fell to the ground behind me.

 I turned and ran to them, lifting one into my arms. Her heart wasn't beating, but I could feel my heart beat rapidly growing faster.

"Hey buddy, did we get them!?"

I heard the men behind me, and I put the spearow down. I spread my wings, and hovered in the air, as I could feel the men getting afraid.

"Tell me fools," I said threateningly, "Do you feel that what you have done is right?"

"Oh my Arceus..." The driver said, "T-that's L-Lugia..."

"That's right fools. I am Lugia, God of the Seas. And today, you have made the ultimate mistake."

I held my hands out, as they began to glow. The seas began to get rougher, and a storm grew above us.

And that day, I let go of my foolish belief, and I used my powers to harm others.