Chapter 56: Spending Time Together

*Y/n POV*

I sat in the courtyard of Beacon, watching students go to and fro. There was nothing going on or anything to do as it was the weekend and most students would be going into Vale for the day.

I heard someone walking towards me, and turned to see Future Celebi trudging along. He seemed sad, despite the fact that he supposedly completed the goal he had come here for.

"Celebi," I called, "Come sit down."

He sat down next to me, and said, "Hey Big Bro, what's up?"

"You seem down," I observed, "What's wrong? Tired, depressed, lonely?"

"No," He sighed, "I'm... scared."

As soon as I heard that, my brain returned to 'protect at all costs' mode, "What's there to be sad about? You saved the day. You're a hero."

He chuckled, "It means a lot to hear that, especially from you."

He leaned back and closed his eyes, and began to explain.

"I guess I should say I'm more confused than scared," He said, "You see, by coming back here and stopping Yveltal's murder attempt, I completely destroyed my original timeline. If I were o return to my time now, it would be the future of this timeline. My home, any friends I had left, and everything I knew was destroyed. I'm only safe because I'm in this timeline."

"True," I nodded along, "But that's not to only thing your grieving over."

"You see right through me," He took a deep breath, "You know Meloetta, right? And that I have a..."

"Crush on her?"

"Yeah. In my timeline, she and I start dating, but after the resistance was defeated, she was..."

"Oh," I said, "I'm so sorry."

"Well, I was captured and used for his experiments," He explained, "And all I could think about was getting revenge for Meloetta. Now that I've done that... What now?"

"What now?" I repeated, "What now, what now, what now?"

"Are you mocking me?" He asked, "Cause that really doesn't help."

"No, not at all," I defended, "I'm just telling you how ridiculous I think that question is."

"Then what do you suppose I do?"

"Don't know," I said, "Come on, I'm hungry."

"What?"

"Yeah, come on," I said, standing up, "I'm paying."

"Alright..."

[Timeskip]

Future Celebi and I sat at a table in a restaurant, chowing down, laughing, and talking happily. I smiled as I watched his smile get wider and wider, telling story after story.

As we both stopped for a moment, I looked out to the crowd and began to speak.

"I live for moments like these," I said, "Moments where I can say there is little wrong with the world."

"But with Yveltal..."

"Quiet," I said, "Yveltal, he's the antithesis of these moments. He seeks to make these moments impossible. That is why I seek to defeat him."

"Is this some kind of lesson?"

"If you choose to listen," I said, "Then I'll make it simple. Find a reason to fight, something you love, and you'll never have a meaningless day in your life."

I stood and placed money on the table.

"This should cover it, I'll be going back to Beacon."

I walked out of the restaurant, leaving him there to contemplate my lesson.