Rarvey-Norovirus

Harvey's POV:

It was new years eve, I could hear everyone in the living room having a great time. But me, I was curled up in my bed. My stomach had been feeling dodgy all afternoon, cramping and gurgling. I told the boys that I was going to take a nap so I wasn't tired for the big countdown and the firework display but in reality I was trying to sleep off my stomach ache. I started sweating and I could feel a headache coming on, I probably had a fever too. I looked at my phone, it was half eleven already and I've been in bed since eight. I didn't feel better in the slightest. I rubbed my belly to try and relieve my pain, instead a wet sounding fart escaped me.

"Oh crap." I mumbled under my breath as I shot out of bed and ran into Rye and I's ensuite bathroom. I was sat on the toilet and the world fell out of my arse, it didn't stop. I pressed a hand to my sick stomach as I felt it flip. I had no idea how long I was there for, but I started feeling really queasy. I didn't want to throw up, I'm stronger than this surely. I swallowed hard, trying to keep my nausea down as much as possible. It was getting harder each time.

"TEN,NINE,EIGHT,SEVEN,SIX,FIVE,FOUR,THREE,TWO,ONE, HAPPY NEW YEAR!" As if on que a sick sounding burp came out of my mouth, the sour taste at the back of my throat that everyone dreads. I slapped a hand over my mouth, I was panicking. I couldn't move off the toilet, I quickly looked around the bathroom and saw a waste bin. I reached for it and held it between my legs, it was going to happen at some point. At my next stomach cramp I found my head in the bin throwing up everything I ate in the last twenty-four hours. My legs started shaking, my whole body felt limp, my stomach was in turmoil. I heard someone knock on the bathroom door.

"Harv?" Thank god it was Rye.

"Are you alright, you've been in there a long time." I didn't want him to worry about me, I can handle this.

"Yeah." My voice was so raspy.

"I'm just a bit constipated." A terrible lie I know but not as concerning as having your bowels explode. But just as I said that another round of explosive diarrhoea came out of me.

"Yeah, you definitely sound constipated. Tell me what's wrong mate."

"I have a bit of an upset stomach Rye." Not giving too much away.

"Well, do you want anything? Some water, hot water bottle, ginger biscuits?"

"I'm fine thanks mate." Maybe now he could leave me alone, I think he left the room. In the nick of time too as I felt another round of vomit make its way up my throat. I puked into the bin again.

"Christ Harvey, are you throwing up in there?" He was still the next room, I practically gave everything away. My stomach cramped painfully, I groaned loudly and clenched my eyes shut making my headache worse.

"Harv?"

"I feel really sick Rye." I couldn't lie any longer, I felt too ill and didn't have the strength to keep it up anymore.

"Do you want me to come in?" I really didn't, I wouldn't want him to see me like this. Especially on the toilet. I also didn't want him to catch my sickness.

"Please don't, I look disgusting." I pleaded, despite hating my solitude when I wasn't feeling well. I felt really nauseous again, threw up some more. I changed my mind.

"Rye, you can come in now." He opened the door as I continued to puke my guts out. He knelt down beside me and rubbed my back, he also helped my steady the bin in my legs. He wiped off the sweat that was dripping from my forehead.

"Aww Harvey you're warm, why didn't you tell me you were feeling sick?"

"It was just a tummy ache earlier, I thought I could sleep then wake up feeling better but it just got worse. I also didn't want to ruin the new years party." What a way to start off my new year.

"You wouldn't have ruined anything, your health is more important. Anyway, you will probably live through another year and we can do it all again." I think I stopped throwing up for the time being, and I think my bowels were fine. Rye wet a wash cloth and wiped down the back of my neck and back to try and cool my down, he then got me a fresh pair of sweatpants. I put them on and he helped me get back to bed.

"Are you comfortable?" I nodded, he cleaned out the bin and placed it by the side of the bed.

"You look like you need a cuddle." He tried to get under the covers with me.

"No Rye, I think I might be contagious. I don't want to get you sick." Rye continued to get under my covers.

"It's a risk I am willing to take my friend, I want to get you better even if it means I get sick." I curled into his side and laid my head against his chest so I could listen to his heartbeat.

"Go to sleep Harvey." I soon drifted off.

With TLC from Ryan I made a speedy recovery in only a few days.

--------------------------------------------------

Thinking that I should do a part two where Rye catches his illness, what do you think. Requests are still open!