Socklyn- Let Me Help You Out

Jack's POV:

Sonny hates when he is ill, I hate it too but the benefit of when he is ill is that he is very cuddly. And I enjoy his cuddles very much, but cuddling someone with a contagious virus like the flu was probably not the best idea because I think I'm coming down with something. Sonny was sleeping in my bed, I always let him do this when he feels under the weather so he's been staying here for a few nights. I could definitely see some improvement but he was still sick, he still had a fever and was tired and stuffed up. I woke up early this morning because I was starting to not feel good, my head hurt, my throat was sore, my muscles were aching and I felt congested. I wasn't going to let this virus get me down though and I was going to make sure that Sonny was ok. I laid in bed stroking his hair, my duvet wrapped tightly around my shoulders because I was cold and I was scared that I would either cough or sneeze and wake him up, Sonny started to stir in his sleep. His eyes opened slowly, he saw he and cuddled into my chest.

"Sdill feeling icky Bud?" I asked, my voice all croaky and congested. He sadly nodded and nuzzled in closer to me, he was a sniffling mess today.

"Do you *cough cough* wand do  ged some *cough* breakfasd?" I asked, I tried to hold back my coughs as much as I could. I didn't want him worrying about me.

"Yeah, I hungwey Daddy." He said. I slowly sat up, blinked a few times to try and get rid of the lightheaded feeling that came over me. I placed Sonny on my hip and I dragged myself to the kitchen. I placed him down on the bar stool, I gripped onto the counter so I didn't fall over and grabbed a small bowl from the cupboard so I could make Sonny some warm Weetabix. I felt an itch at the back of my throat, I couldn't hold back the coughing fit I was about to have. For a few seconds my head was in the crook of my elbow as I coughed my lungs out, my chest hurt now and my sore throat was worse.

"Daddy icky too?" Sonny asked me.

"I'm fine Bud, *cough* jusd a dickle." I said, I continued to make his food. I had no idea how I was going to survive the day.

Brooklyn's POV:

"Let it gooooo! Let it gooooo!" I sang to myself as I went downstairs this morning, I was in a good mood and felt like doing something productive. First thing on my list was to make my morning coffee, I opened the door to the kitchen and saw Sonny sat at the breakfast bar and Jack...trying to make breakfast for him. He didn't look very well, Sonny had been ill recently so he probably caught it off him.

"Morning Sonny, are you feeling better today?" I asked as if I were a primary school teacher.

"A little, still icky." He said placing his head on the counter out of tiredness. I looked up at Jack again, he looked like the living dead.

"Are you alright Jack?" I asked concerned.

"I'm fine Brooklyn, don'd *cough cough cough* worry aboud me." He said, proper in denial. Typical of him, he was going to overwork himself looking after Sonny.

"Are you sure, you look and sound sick." I said, I put a ' you know I'm right' face on.

"I mighd be *cough cough cough* a liddle under the weather. Bud I'm fine." He said again, he sounded horrible.

"Why Daddy lying?" Sonny asked me, he was just too honest and Jack wasn't fooling him. We could read him like an open book.

"He cares about you a lot Sonny." I said ruffling his hair. I was just going to show Jack how sick he was. I went upstairs to Jack's room where the thermometer was and marched right back downstairs with it. Sonny was eating his Weetabix, Jack was just trying to fall over.

"Open wide Jack." I said putting it near Jack's mouth.

"You don'd need do *cough cough* do thad. I'm nod sick." Literally after he said that he sneezed the biggest sneeze imaginable into the crook of his elbow.