Chapter 10

Zöe:

“Here,” Damien whispered, passing me a wad of tissues. I shot him a grateful smile before dabbing my face.

We were making our way out of the cemetery. It had been hard this year. Harder than usual.

I leant against the old rusted metal railing outside the graveyard and let out a final sob. My body shaking.

Percy stepped forward to hug me but Damien was already there. His arms around me, holding me tight. “I wish she was still here.” I whispered, my voice croaky and stuttering as I swallowed salty tears.

“I know Zöe, so do we all.” He replied gently. Rubbing my back therapeutically.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to look up at Paul, smiling sadly down at me.

“I'm going to give the others a lift back.” He said, indicating to Percy, Annabeth and the kids.

I nodded. “Do you's need a lift back to camp?” He asked.

“It's okay.” Damien answered for me. “Chiron's sending a few Pegasus down for us, soon.” Paul hugged me, kinda awkwardly. And I got I hug from the rest of the family, before we parted our ways.

I frowned up at Damien once they had left. “I thought the Pegasus weren't getting here for like another hour?” He grinned at me, wiping the stray tears off my face.

“That's right. But you need cheering up.” I frowned again, not quite getting it. “I'm taking you on a date you idiot!”