Meeting talking animals once again

Getting split off from Qrow, the team find themselves falling through the sky once more, but this time they landed on their feet instead of in the pool.

"Okay, now where are we?" Ruby asked.

Derek looked around for a moment, scanning the area for a little bit not seeing anything familiar, but his eyes did catch something speed past the back yard. "Whoa, a blue blur, strange..."

"Who you calling blue buddy? My name's Sonic the hedgehog." Sonic said.

"Oh look...another talking animal." Weiss said.

"Wait you're not surprised?" Sonic asked. "Strange."

"We've already met some talking animals, so you're not that shocking to us." Blake said.

"Oh?" Sonic asked. "Who?"

"Ninja Turtles." Ruby said.

"Ninja....Turtles?" Sonic asked confused tapping his foot as he crossed his arms. "That's odd if you ask me, but where did you run into them at?"

"New York." Ruby said. "And no we're not from this world just so you know. And judging by the area and everything, I say you're from another world, am I right?"

Sonic was surprised. "Huh, well you're right about that. So you're saying that you all got caught in the chaos control blast too?"

"Chaos control?" Yang asked as she walked over to Sonic. "I don't know what that is, but what ever it is, then no. We've been going through a portal, think of it as a time rift."

"Time rift, huh interesting. Maybe my pal Tails can be of some help with the science talk." Sonic said. "Hey Tails."

Tails came out from the garage with a few others, as he looked at Sonic. "What is it?"

"Some new people." Sonic said. "Oh before I forget, who are you guys?"

"We're team RWBY, I'm Ruby, that's my sister Yang, and over there is Weiss. The other girl is Blake, and those two are Derek and Kyle." Ruby said.

"Strange team name, if you ask me. But not as strange as Team SODA." Tails said.

"Team SODA?" Kyle asked as he looked at Ruby. "How are we not aware of different teams from Beacon ending up in different worlds?"

"Since we know both of your names, who are the others?" Blake asked.

"Oh yeah, this is Amy, that's Knuckles, and this is Cream and Cheese, we're staying here at this house with our friend Chris. But he's away at school at the moment." Tails said. "Oh and as for Team SODA, I'm sure you all will meet them eventually."

~~~

Getting settled in, Cream came into the living room with a tray of tea and cookies Ella had made, she placed the tray down onto the coffee table as she handed Ruby a cup of tea and a cookie. "Here you go."

Ruby smiled and took it. "Hauu~! She's so cute!" She then blinked confused at what she said. "Uh....where did that come from all of a sudden?"

Yang snickered. "I don't know, but it was weird Ruby."

Cream smiled a small bit as she handed out the rest of the tea and cookies to the others. Weiss took a small sip of tea as she placed it down. "That's actually good, we haven't had anything good in a long time."

"Agreed." Blake said. "Maybe we'll have a good meal tonight."

"Oh don't worry, Mister Tanaka, and Ella will be sure you that a good meal is prepared." Amy said as she was holding her hammer for a bit.

"Why do you have that?" Kyle asked pointing to her hammer.

"What, I can't carry it? You think I'd let someone kidnap my darling Sonic from me? I'll be sure they meet my hammer." Amy said.

"Eheheh." Ruby giggled nervously. "Scary."

"On a serious matter though..." Derek said setting his cup down. "Have you all noticed anything out of the ordinary? Other then team SODA, and our arrival here?"

Knuckles thinks for a moment as he scratched his chin. "Now that you mention it, there have been news reports of holes opening in different places of the world."

"Time rifts..." Ruby said looking down. "So what uncle Qrow told us is true....but why?"

"Hmm? What is?" Cream asked.

"Has anything came out of those rifts?" Ruby asked looking at Knuckles.

"No, they've just been opening up out of the blue, I had to go make sure the Master Emerald wasn't taken." Knuckles said. "Did you notice anything when you were on your daily run Sonic?"

Sonic shakes his head. "Nope, I've been keeping my eyes out for Eggman. But he hasn't came out of hiding which is odd."

"Eggman? Jeez that's a weird name." Yang said.

"Doctor Robotnik Eggman, he's a mad scientist." Sonic said.

"Speaking of Egghead." Knuckles said pointing to the TV. "Look who decided to pop up on the TV."

"A broadcast....where from?" Amy asked.

"Knowing him he's going to repeat the same thing over and over." Tails said.

"Hmm?" Ruby asked.

"My name is Dr. Eggman and I have some exciting news for you. Exciting for me, that is, and catastrophic for you. I have decided to take over your world and make it part of the new Eggman Empire! Resistance is futile. You will submit to my rule or be swept away like dust bodies!" Eggman said over the TV broadcast.

"Blah blah, is that all he knows how to say?" Amy asked.

"He has a big pointy witch nose." Ruby said.

The door opened up as foot steps could be heard as Ruby and the others looked at the door wondering who could have came into the house, the footsteps got closer as they stopped for a moment. Four silhouettes stood at the doorway of the living room as one of them looked in seeing team RWBY.