Leaving new friends

The battle was over, and a celebration was at hand. Both teams, Sonic and Co. were having a cookout, Shadow left not wanting to take part of it. Tails was almost done with the machine as he came out of the garage soon after.

"It's done everyone!" Tails shouted happily.

"Great to hear." RedJed said. "Is it safe though?"

"Yep." Tails said. "Whenever you all are ready to leave, I'll have it set."

Yang nodded her head. "Understood Tails."

"Well.....this is it huh?" Sonic asked. "It's weird really, we had somewhat of a small adventure turned chaotic and won in the end. But now you're all leaving."

"Hey don't be so down in the dumps." Derek said placing his hand on Sonic's shoulder. "We'll always have some way to contact you if we ever need your aid."

Sonic looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Hmm, it's a bit of a mouthful to explain." Derek said. "But in short, there's this big baddie named Icarus, he's the one who's doing this stuff to us. We've been through four universes, this one counting as five. But with each chance we see as a victory to go back to our world, it doesn't happen."

"I see." Sonic said crossing his arms. "Well you can count on us if you need our assistance in the future."

Derek smiled. "Good to hear."

"So that's the cause of it then." Yin said. "How do we even stop that?"

"We don't, he has full control over it, why do you think we mentioned team JNPR and Penny?" Yang asked. "We were close to going back home, but they got split off from us, same goes for uncle Qrow, and then there's team STRR as well as Delsin and Beta."

"Huh, so you think we'll be split off?" RedJed asked.

Weiss nods. "You all will be somewhere else, while we're being sent god knows where."

"I see..." Wind said.

"We should find out then." RedJed said.

"So everyone's ready to leave without saying goodbye?" Amy asked tapping her foot.

"Sorry Amy, we would love to, but if we stay any longer. There's no telling what kind of stuff will happen." Blake said.

"Oh....right." Amy said. "Well goodbye then."

Both teams nod as they go meet up with Tails, once they do Tails turns the machine on as he placed the emeralds into the machine. It flickered for a moment as the portal opened up, Sonic and the others watched from the backyard, Ruby waved bye to Cream and them. Team SODA went into the portal first, as Team RWBY, Derek and Kyle followed behind soon after.

RedJed was screaming as they all were falling though the portal. "Oh my, this is so much."

"Keep it down DP." Ruby said as she hugs him a little.

RedJed blushed a bit as he looked away.

"So I guess we find out where we go from here." Derek said with a sigh.

"That is true....." Blake said.

Another passage opened up as they took notice, soon slowly sucking Team SODA in separating them away from Team RWBY and the other two. "Great, I knew it was going to happen. How much energy does Icarus have to do this?"

No one had any answers on what was asked, but Ruby felt a sharp pain spike up a bit as she clutches her head and chest. Yang takes notice as she wrapped her arm around her sister trying to help. "Ruby, is everything okay?"

"I-I don't know..." Ruby said. "It felt like I lost something or something is warning me about something sending info to Icarus."

Ruby was right on the warning, but what was being sent wasn't to Icarus, but Scarlet. Kelvin watched them traveling through the portal, he looked away from the screen as he set their next location.

"My lord, they've managed to defeat both Mecha Sonic and Metal Overlord." Kelvin said.

"Interesting, and what of Team SODA?" Icarus asked.

"I am sending them back to Remnant." Kelvins said.

Icarus snapped his fingers summoning Kurumi. "Nightmare, I think it's time for your first lone wolf mission in another universe."

Kurumi cocked an eyebrow as she looked at him. "What about Scarlet?"

"She is still healing, but she will be gone before you return." Icarus said.

Kurumi bowed down a bit. "Of course, what was I thinking? Where are you sending me?"

"The RWBYverse." Icarus said. "Kelvin prepare her trip."

Kelvin bowed as well as he turned around and started walking. Kurumi stood up as she followed him, Kelvin had it ready by the time Kurumi had made it to where he was at, Kurumi looked at it as she turned into her spirit form before jumping into the rift that was made, the rift closed behind Kurumi as she was no longer in the kingdom. Where was team RWBY being sent though? The team didn't know only Kelvin and Icarus knew where they were heading.