Repairs

Obsidian was finally defeated, but what bugged the team and the others the most was who had helped him escape from the brink of death, but what needed more attention was the watch tower as it needed to be fixed up.

Ruby was woken by Derek nudging her a bit. "Mmm, why did you wake me?"

Derek smiled a bit as he handed her a book. "Here, read this book, I'm sure you'll find it fascinating."

Ruby rubs her eyes as she took the book and sat against the wall reading the book. "Now that's a Katana."

Derek sat up in the bed as he looked at his arm. "I still wish I was stronger to prevent this...but my semblance didn't activate to deflect the sword..."

Ruby looked up at him. "Don't blame yourself Derek, we all make mistakes, even if we regret them...." She then got an idea as she stood up and walked over to him.

Derek cocked an eyebrow and looked at her wondering what Ruby had on mind.

Ruby giggled a bit but stopped as she looked at him and held the book up. "This is filth...FILTH!" She then gently smacked Derek on his cheek with the the book.

"Gahh." Derek said as he fell out of bed, he started to laugh a bit as he sat up and threw a pillow at Ruby's face.

"Hahah, oof." Ruby yelped as she felt the pillow hit her face. "Grrr, now you'll pay."

"Uh-oh." Derek said as Ruby tackled him into the corner of the room.

Yang was walking down the hall of the watch tower seeing what needed to be fixed up as she heard the fight going on, she rushed to the medical room and ran in. "Hey, hey e...nough?"

Ruby blinked as she was hanging upside down. "Oh hi sis."

Derek was covered by the blanket peeking out from under it to see Yang looking at them both confused.

Yang clinched her fist as she was a little angry. "What is going on here? I leave to go help around and I come rushing down the hall to see this."

"Ruby was just trying to cheer me up." Derek said taking the blanket off.

Ruby nodded as she fell down onto her butt. "Ow, I'm okay."

Yang sighed as she pops both Derek and Ruby on the heads. "Play time is over you two, you need to help us out here."

~~~

Ruby walked over to where Batman was at as he looked at the screen. "So, anything on who did it?"

Batman looked at her but didn't turn his head as he didn't say anything at first but stopped typing. "Not yet, the only thing that seems to come through on the capture is the eye's and smile. But it could be possible that the shadows are hiding the person very well. The only thing I can suggest as of now is, when we do send you all through that portal Manhunter had made with Green Lantern, keep a watch out for anything out of the ordinary."

Ruby sighed and shook her head. "That won't happen, no matter how much me and the gang tried, we always ended up else where, and not to our home, our friends were separated from us a few times, and we never got to know where they ended up at."

Batman thinks for a moment as he went back to typing. "It's a possibility they made it back home, but you and the others aren't so lucky, and you said that the other me from the previous universe mentioned about a Dr. Merlot?"

Ruby nodded. "That's correct, Merlot got the jump on me when I was out in the garden at the Manor, but when Bruce made it outside, Merlot already had some of my blood, he mentioned something about an experiment that he was working on."