CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
[15]

song: save a prayer by duran duran

"THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH WE CAN DO AFTER IT'S BEEN THREE WEEKS." George shrugs, shoveling another forkful of spaghetti into his mouth. "We've gathered no evidence. And it's costing us a lot of money to keep the investigation up and running."

"I can't even imagine the show Heather Silvey will put on if you close the investigation." Susan scoffs.

There she goes again, paying no mind to the fact that Heather Silvey's daughter was mauled to death— but instead mocking her for being dramatic about it. Daisy rolls her eyes as she scoots her food around on her plate with her fork. "Well what would you do, Mom?" Daisy speaks up for the first time since the family sat down.

"What are you talking about?" Susan raises her eyebrows, a hint of impatience in her voice as she realizes that Daisy was about to start another unnecessary argument.

"If you found me in the woods with a slit throat and a bashed in head— you'd probably cause a fuss if the police shut down investigation on it, right?" Daisy spoke in one breath.

George quietly inserts another comment. "We haven't shut down investigation yet we just—"

"Don't say that." Susan shakes her head. "I don't like thinking about it."

Daisy shrugs. "Well it happened to Jenna. Could happen to me too." She glances to her sister. "Or Allison." She glances for George's son. "Or Michael." She gasps dramatically as she turns back to her mother.

"What could happen?" Michael questions softly, looking up at Daisy who sat beside him.

Daisy turns back to Michael. "There's a psycho murderer on the loose that's cutting people's throats open—"

"Daisy!" Susan shouts, causing her and Michael to both turn to Susan. "He's seven." Susan says. George inhales deeply, clearly uncomfortable.

"Great job, you asshole." Allison says.

Daisy found pleasure in the chaos she had caused, it brought her some sort of entertainment— so she kept it going. "Speaking of assholes— what were you and Richard up to last night? The walls are quite thin around here." Daisy says, in a sarcastic tone. Allison's eyes widen, her mouth gapping open in disbelief. 

"What is she talking about?" Susan questions.

"Yeah Allison, what am I talking about?" Daisy turns to face her sister with a raised eyebrow.