Chapter 4

Rami takes the exit to the nearest gas station, and parks the car in the parking lot. As soon as he stops the engine of the car, Joe wakes up. His eyes slowly open, and with a groan he stretches out.
'Hey Joey, how are you feeling?' Ben is the first to notice that he is awake. He still has tears in his eyes, but is a little more reassured by the small smile that's now appearing on Joe's face.
'A-are we at the hotel yet?' Joe mumbles. He looks out of his car window, quite confused.
'No we are at a gas station. I'll go get you some water.' Rami opens his car door.
'I'm coming with you.' Joe murmurs.
'That doesn't seem like such a good idea.' Ben says while he feels again if the fever is gone yet.
Joe giggles sleepily. 'How many more times are you gonna do that today?'
Ben shrugs. 'Until your fever has disappeared.'
'Well thanks for the concern, but I have to stretch my legs after all that sleep. Rami wait for me!' Joe shouts before his friend is to far away from the car to hear. He shouted just a little too loud, causing him to cough loudly.
Ben looks to Gwil for help.
'I think that walking a little bit won't hurt.' Gwil says carefully.
Ben looks defeated next to him and sees that Joe is already outside the car.
'Thanks Gwil. Rami, wait!' The ginger says.

'Gwilym?!' Ben looks indignantly at his best friend, who has now settled into Joe's place next to him in the back seat. 'What was that necessary for? Rami can really lift a bottle of water on his own. And Joe still has a fever. Why did you let him go?'
Gwil lets Ben rattle for a moment, but then begins his explanation. 'Rami didn't come here for a bottle of drink. I saw tears come back to your eyes after Joe coughed like that. And it's obvious that there's more behind all this. I wanted to make sure Rami wouldn't notice, so you don't have to tell us about it. It's clearly something deep. I only didn't expect Joe to wake up.'
When the tall boy looks up, he sees Ben looking down in embarrasment. 'Sorry I got so mad. I should have known you meant well.' The blond mumbles.
They give each other a hug, and see the other two coming back from the shop when they let go.
Gwil returns to the passenger seat, and Ben is already fastening his seat belt. He stares out of his window. How lucky is he with these friends. Suddenly from his window he sees Joe staggering, then dropping to the ground.
Rami immediately drops the drinking bottles so that he can help Joe.
Gwil also runs out of the car to help him.
Ben tries to untie his belt, but it is stuck. 'Damn it!' He curses. Not now, he has to go to Joe! With all the force he has, he pulls the belt. After three hard pulls, it shoots loose.
The blond rushes to Joe and the others, kneeling down next to the ginger. 'Joe, Joe? Can you hear me? Are you okay?'
Joe sits slightly bent over, and lets his head rest in his hands. He shakes his head. 'It feels like the whole world is spinning.' He says softly.
'Let's get him to the car carefully. Then we drive to the hotel, they will probably have something against the fever and dizziness.' Gwil suggests.
The other two boys nod.
Ben is happy that Rami and Gwil are here. He himself would panic and not know what to do.
The three of them carefully guide Joe to the car. As soon as the ginger sits down in the backseat and has put on his seatbelt, Ben sits down next to him.
Rami goes to get the drinking bottles he dropped, and Gwil is calling the hotel to ask roomservice to bring some medicine.
Joe is sitting in the car with all the blankets wrapped around him and his eyes closed.
Ben tucks him in, so he doesn't get cold. 'I told you you should have stayed in the car silly.' He whispers. 
'I know'. Comes from under the blankets.
Ben looks in surprise at Joe, who opens his eyes again.
'What? You didn't think I haven't slept enough yet, do you?' A small smile appears on Joe's face.
Ben giggles softly, and scoots a little closer to the boy.

*****

Once at the hotel, the boys help Joe to his room.
'I'll make you some tea, I think that will help a little.' Ben says when he and Joe are in Joe's room together. He starts searching the kitchen for the kettle.
'You can stop looking, I don't have a kettle here.' The ginger says after a while, a small grin appearing on his face.
Ben tries to look as indignant as possible, but then laughs. 'And he comes with that now.'
Joe laughs too and shrugs. 'It doesn't matter, I don't feel like tea anyway. But it was sweet of you to offer.' He says with a smile.
Ben sits down on the bed next to Joe. 'Are you feeling better already?'
Joe nods. 'Yeah, I am. He says. 'You don't have to stay here for me, you know. I'll be fine.'
Ben shakes his head. 'I won't leave you alone. People who are sick need someone who takes care of them.' He says with a caring smile.
Joe smiles. 'Well, maybe you want to stay here, just for the night?' He asks carefully. He doesn't look at Ben, fearing he might think it's weird.
Ben feels his heart beat faster.
'Yeah sure.' He says with a big smile. 'I'm going to get my stuff then. I'll be right back.'
Joe nods and lies down on his bed.

Ben closes the door from Joe's hotel room behind him, and heads for his own room to get his things for the night.
On the way he meets Gwil, who was just on his way to see Joe to check on him. 'How is he doing?' He asks as soon as he sees Ben.
'Better, luckily.' The blond says.
Gwil breathes a sigh of relief. 'Okay, that's good. Where are you going?' The tall boy has a hunch the moment he sees Ben blush.
'Joe has asked me if I want to sleep at his hotel room tonight. So I can keep an eye on him.' Ben says softly.
Gwil grins. 'Shouldn't you tell me something? About you and Joe?'
Ben gets an even redder head from this question. 'Uhm I don't know, why?'
Gwil raises his eyebrow. 'Because your head is even redder than Joe's when he had a high fever.'
Ben rolls his eyes and quickly walks to his room.
As soon as he is inside he sits down on his bed and starts to cry.
Is Gwil right?
Does he like Joe?
He can't. He can't just ruin their friendship.
He has to hide this.
With tears still in his eyes, he starts packing his sleeping gear. When he has everything, he quickly wipes his tears and walks to Joe's room.

_____________________
I'm sorry guys but I'm not that good in cliffhangers yet :)
But anyways, I hope you still like it a little bit. Prepare for some drama!

Stay safe, xxx me