back at it

~Y/N POV~

It's been about three weeks since I joined the volleyball team and a lot has happened. For one, the team made it passed the first round of the deciding tournament for the Miagy representative at nationals. I also got to meet 'old coach Ukai' and let me tell you I ADORE that man.

I also hung out with Noya and Tanaka a ton, and got to meet Tanaka's sister, Seiko. I also adore her and I'm pissed that Tanaka didn't introduce us sooner. Noya and I have gotten a lot closer, and I'm just gonna be honest. It's getting harder and harder for me to decide how I feel about him.

I love spending time with him and he makes me feel so good about myself, but at the same time I don't know if he feels the same way. But I promised myself I wouldn't let my feelings get in the way of our friendship, so that's what I'm going to do.

Anyways, it's our first day back after the summer break which the three of us have been dreading so much. I lazily rolled out of my bed and put on my uniform, minus the stupid bow of course. It's not like miss cares that I don't wear it, she just ignores me most of the time anyways.

I stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen, shoving a bunch of granola bars into my bag since I was too lazy to make food, and my mom had a morning shift at her job. I looked out the window and saw my favourite ginger sitting on his bike which was parked on the street, gazing up at the sun as he waited for me.

"GINGER!" I screamed, pulling my shoes on as I hopped out of the house with my bag slung over one shoulder.
"Hey Y/N!" he called back as I hopped on my scooter and cruised towards him.
"Onwards soldier!" I announced, whizzing past him as he pulled his feet onto his bike and sped off towards the school.

~Time Skip because I don't want to write about their ride to school~

"LOOK OUT BELOW!" I yelled as Hinata and I went screaming into the school yard, nearly knocking over a group of students as we tried to slow down.
"YOU'RE CRAZY!" he yelled as I leapt off my scooter, slamming my hand onto the bike rack and sliding on my knees in a heap of exhaustion.

"I WIN!" I announced as Tanaka and Noya came running over to us.
"No fair you had a head start!" Hinata whined as Noya stretched his hand out to yank me up.
"Oh man, are you knuckle heads alright?" Tanaka laughed as he snatched my scooter and started riding it back and fourth.

"Well I won so I'm completely fine," I teased, flicking Hinatas head as he picked his bike up.
"Uh, you sure about that?" Noya asked, pointing to my knee which was skinned down, blood dripping from the wound.
"Oh shit, anyone got a rag?" I asked, bending down and wiping the blood that was dripping down my leg.

"Uh, you're going to need more then a rag for that," Tanaka taunted as he hopped off the scooter and stuck it in the rack.
"Yea whatever, I'll be fine," I grumbled, looking at the blood on my hand.
"No you won't, come on we're taking you to the nurse!" Noya exclaimed, grabbing my other hand and dragging me across the school yard with Tanaka and Hinata following close behind.

"Uggg, the nurses office is on the other side of the courtyard," I whined.
"Too bad, do you really want blood dripping down your leg during the welcome back ceremony?" Tanaka snickered as I turned my head and glared at him.
"Ugh, fine, but when miss asks why we were late I'm blaming you two."

"Oh, dear. What do we have here?" the nurse asked as I was stubbornly shoved into the medical office.
"Just a little scratch, I'll be fine," I winced as she placed a wet cloth on the cut and started to dab up the bleeding.
"That's more then just a scratch dear, we've got to get this cleaned up so you don't get an infection," she sighed, folding the cloth over so she could use the clean side.

"How long is that gonna take cause our teacher despises us and she'll get pissed of we're late to the opening thingy," I sighed, placing my chin in my hands as the boys snickered at my choice of words.
"Oh it won't take long. Just give me a few minutes to finish cleaning it and then I'll bandage you right up," she said happily as I looked too the boys.

"Oi, where'd ginger go?" I asked, realizing the chaotic red head no longer waited for me.
"Oh, he said something about getting in some receiving practice with Suga before the ceremony," Tanaka sighed as he leaned against the doorway.

"Wow so he just decided to abandoned me on my death bed? The audacity," I grumbled as the nurse let out a small chuckle.
"You kids sure do love to exaggerate, don't you?" she asked, pulling back the cloth and reaching for a bandage.

"It's what I do best," I said proudly as Tanaka and Noya let out another small snicker.
"Alright well you should be okay. Just make sure you change the bandage daily until it heals on it's own," she instructed as I leapt up, wincing slightly as I landed on it. "And maybe don't do that."

"Yes ma'am!" I exclaimed, saluting to her before shoving my idiots out the door and towards the main gym.

~Noya's POV~

"Hurry up they're about to start and I don't feel like getting held at just yet," Y/N whined as she dragged Tanaka and I into the gym just as the VP was walking on stage.
"Ahem," a voice exclaimed as we tumbled into our class line, slowly turning our heads to see an angry looking miss standing before us.

"Hiya miss! Long time no see!" Y/N exclaimed, saluting as she earned a couple of snickers from our classmates.
"Not long enough I'm afraid," miss sighed, shaking her head as an offended look crossed Y/N's face.
"Wow, I return from the dead and this is how I'm welcomed? I can't believe this," she sighed dramatically.

"Oh for the love of god you didn't die you just scraped your knee!" Tanaka exclaimed as she crossed her arms and glared at him.
"Well excuse me for caring about my health," she huffed as miss shot an irritated glare our way to make us shut up.

"Welcome back for your second semester...blah, blah, blah," the VP began as I groaned and looked up at the ceiling, counting the light fixtures to pass the time before Y/N nudged me in the side.
"What?" I whispered as she pointed through the crowd to where Kageyama stood.

"How much do I get if I hit him?" she snickered, crunching a piece of paper into a ball and lining up her shot.
"You mean if you don't get caught?" I whispered as she rolled her eyes and threw the ball, making it hit the back of his head as he flinched and turned around.

"Act natural," she smirked, looking away and crossing her arms as I followed.