A Training Camp? I Wanna Go! ✔︎

~Noyas POV~

It was officially the after school hour and Y/N and I sat at the back of the detention hall. Tanaka had served his hour today at lunch, and was free to go to practice. I on the other hand, was safe from Daichi's lectures next to our partner in crime.

"Ugh, I'm so bored," Y/N whined as she slumped against the back wall, feet on her desk and goggles hanging off her nose.

"It was totally worth it though. I haven't had that much fun in a long time," I sighed, scribbling on a piece of paper in front of me.

"Yea, the last time I had that much fun was when I challenged one of my friends to a nerf war in the middle of the cafeteria at Fukurōdani ," she sighed, a warm smile creeping onto her face.

"Wait, you went to Fukurodani? No way," I exclaimed, catching her attention.

"Yea way. Why? Do you know people there?" she asked slyly, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, not exactly, but we're going to a training camp with their team this week," I explained as her eyes lit up and she wiggled around in her seat so she was facing me.

"Really? A training camp? I wanna go!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh yea!" I gasped, imagining all the fun we would have if she came along. "Practice will still be going by the time we get out of here so we could ask coach Ukai and Takeda if you could join!"

She jumped up and down excitedly, her glasses nearly falling off as she did.

"I know it's only been a month or so since I moved, but I've really missed all of my friends there," she sighed, finally calming down as the teacher sent a glare our way.

"Well then we definitely need to get you back there."

~Time skip, brought to you by peach iced tea🤤~

~Y/N POV~

"Come on! We have to get to coach before Daichi finds us!" Noya yelled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the detention hall.

Detention had been long and boring, but being there with Noya had made it a bit better.

"Gagh, at least let me put my bag on first," I whined as I used my free arm to pull the straps of my backpack over my shoulders before running after him.

We tumbled out of the main building, only giving me a moment to catch my breath before the energetic libero pulled me towards the large gym.

"NOYA! Y/N! YOU'RE HERE!" Tanaka yelled as he came tearing towards us, tackling us with a bear hug before we could respond.

"Ew, get off. You smell like dirty gym strip," I gagged, shoving Tanaka's sweaty body off and helping Noya up who waisted no time getting us to the coaches.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" the scary man with blonde hair pulled back by a headband asked as he playfully looked at Noya's and I's intertwined hands.

We quickly pulled our hands apart, a gentle blush creeping onto my face as I rubbed the back of my neck and waited for Noya to start speaking.

"Anyways coach. Y/N here used to go to Fukurodani so we were wondering if she could come along on the training camp? Maybe as a temporary manager or just an extra set of hands?" Noya asked eagerly, clasping his hands together and giving the two older men his infamous puppy dog eyes.

"You used to go to Fukurōdani huh? I'm guessing you're close with Bokuto?" he asked, smirking at me.

"Bokuto? He was like an older brother to me! He taught me everything I know," I answered, remembering all the chaos Bokuto and I used to cause.

"Well I supposed it would be handy to have an extra pair of hands," Takeda, the assistant teacher, thought out loud as Tanaka wandered over and joined in our pleas.

"Alright, I'll let her join on one condition. You three have to go the rest of this week, without getting detention," the coach said slyly as Noya, Tanaka, and I froze.

For a normal kid, going three more days without detention would be child's play. But for us, that was all we were good at.

"But coach, that's a whole three days!" Tanaka gasped, clutching his chest as Suga and Kiyoko shook their heads at us.

"That's like going three days without eating!" Noya added on.

"Well then, I guess you three are going to starve."

~Time skip, brought to you by Asahi's man bun~

It was Friday morning and Tanaka, Noya and I had officially gone two full days without getting into big trouble.

Of course there were a few times that we got yelled at for not paying attention, and we had to put some of our scandals on hold, but other then that we'd been doing good.

"I'M SO BORED!" I exclaimed slumping down in my chair as I stared blankly at my worksheet.

"This has been the most painful two days of my entire life," Tanaka wailed as he draped his arms over the edge of his desk.

"On the bright side, we only have a few more hours until we achieve permission for Y/N to come to camp," Noya sighed as he kicked at piece of paper on the floor.

"So when do we leave again?" I asked sitting up and spinning my phone on my desk.

"Sunday at midnight. We leave late so we can arrive early and start playing," Noya yawned as he sat up and looked out the window with those big brown orbs of his.

"Ew, that's not a pleasant hour to be around me in," I grumbled as a message flickered on my phone.

"Who's that?" Tanaka asked slyly, nudging me in the rib cage.

"Ow. Keep your bony ness to yourself," I sighed as I opened the message from Bokuto. "It just Bokuto. I told him I'd probably be coming back to Tokyo for the training camp and he hasn't stopped texting me since."

"Bokuto. Isn't he one of the top five aces in the country?" Noya gasped, remembering what their coach had told them.

"Yea, he's just outside of the top three. That one guy from Shiritorizawa just nicked it from him," I sighed as I messaged him back before setting my phone down and looking at the clock.

"When is this class going to be over?"