Ay Shawtys, Teach Me How To Dive! ✔︎

~Y/N POV~

"Oiiii," I exclaimed as I wandered into the gym. I wore a pair of baggy exercise shorts and an oversized, navy sweater with a pair of white crew socks and no shoes because shoes are just feet jail
😏🤏🏼

"Hey Noya, your girlfriends here!" Tanaka exclaimed as he peered over his shoulder from his place on one of the courts.

"She is not my girlfriend!" Noya exclaimed as I threw my hood up and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Listen to shorty, Cailou," I teased, slumping onto the bench next to Yachi.

"Oh, I see we're up against rooster head and gamer boy?" I noted, looking to the other side of the court where Kuroo and Kenma stood, snickering.

"Yep, although it looks like we won't be taking this set," Yachi sighed as she pointed to the score board.

18-24, Nekoma.

"Damn it," I scowled, "hey losers! Hurry it up and beat those kitties!" I yelled onto the court, earning a laugh from each of the players.

"You heard Noya's girl," Tanaka exclaimed sarcastically, settling himself into ready position.

"OIII IM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!" I screamed at him, cracking my knuckles as I did so.

"Alright Y/N, c-call down. You can beat T-Tanaka up after the game, o-okay?" Yachi exclaimed, shakily pushing my hands down as Lev served a ball right into the net.

"Shoot! I'm so sorry," Lev exclaimed as he bowed to Kuroo.

"Just shut up and work on your serves," Kuroo teased as Lev nodded and switched off the court with their libero.

"Alright, let's use this to our advantage!" Daichi instructed as they rotated, and Kageyama was up to serve.

"Right!" they yelled in response as Kageyama served, slamming it down on the other side of the court, just within the side line.

"Yea! Nice one Kageyama!" Yachi exclaimed as Kiyoko scribbled something down on her notepad and the boys cheered.

The whistle blew and Kageyama served it once more, but this time it was picked up by Yaku.

"Nice receive!" Kuroo exclaimed as he charged towards Kenma, going in for a fast attack.

But then, just a he was getting ready to jump, Kenma dropped his front hand and pushed the ball over the net in one swift motion.

"Ah! A setter dump?" Yachi gasped as Noya, Daichi and Tanaka dove for the ball, unable to pick it up.

"Kenma you spectacular bastard! Stop taking the easy way out!" I screamed across the court, causing even coach Nekomata to burst out laughing.

"I didn't take the easy way out," he mumbled as Kuroo slapped his back and looked over at me.

"Uh, yes you did gamer boy," I scoffed, sticking my tongue out at him as he lazily walked off the court.

"Alright, flying laps, let's go!" Daichi yelled as the team grouped up at the edge of the court and started diving onto the floor.

As per usual, I got bored from just sitting on the bench so as the boys finished there lap, I ran over to Noya and Tanaka.

"Ay, shawtys, teach me how to dive!" I exclaimed as Tsukki burst out laughing.

"Oh, this should be good," he murmured as I looked up at him and glared.

"Shut it mango fluff," I spat at him as he rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Ooo, teach me to!" Hinata exclaimed as he ran over and stood beside me.

Hinata might be somewhat of a giant when it comes to blocking and hitting, but that boy cannot dive to save his life.

"How is it you almost beat Aoba Johsai but you still can't dive?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as Hinata stuck his tongue out at me.

"Alright, shut up and listen to the master, tiny twins," Tanaka exclaimed as Noya stood before us, hands on his hips.

"Alright, when you go in for a flying receive you want to start as low as possible. From there, you lunge out in whatever direction the ball is going, and make the touch when your midair," he explained, squatting down and demonstrating the lunge.

"From here, you use the momentum to propel yourself over your knee, and catch yourself on the floor as you slide out. Keep your head high and don't put too much pressure on your wrists," he finished, leaping over his knee and sliding across the floor.

"Okay, I think I have it," Hinata mumbled as he stood along the edge of the court and squatted down.

He took a few steps forwards before lunging out and diving, falling flat on his chest as he did so.

"HAHAH, he'll never learn," Tanaka sighed as Hinata grumbled something to himself and pushed his body up off the ground.

"Alright Y/N, you're turn," Noya instructed as I happily skipped towards the end line and squatted down.

"Uh, aren't you gonna put some knee pads on? I don't trust you to work well with gravity," Tanaka teased as I looked down at my already bruised and cut legs and shrugged.

"Meh, it'll just add to the abstract art," I smirked.

"Is she gonna do a flying receive?" Kuroo asked as he stopped next to Noya and raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh, would you all shut up? I totally got this," I exclaimed, rolling my eyes as I readied myself.

"I can't watch!" Tanaka exclaimed as he covered his eyes slightly, and I started to run forwards.

I took about 5 steps forwards before lunging out, gracefully leaping over my leg and sliding across the floor.

"WEEEEEE!" I exclaimed as I slid, stopping just in front of the net before turning to look at the four boys who had shocked expressions on their faces.

"Aw man, Noya! She's better then you!" Tanaka exclaimed as he hit the libero in the back, and Noya just started at me.

"Not too shabby L/N," Kuroo said with a nod, raising his eyebrows as Hinata came tearing towards me.

"Y/N you should be a libero!" he exclaimed, jumping up and down with huge eyes.

"Oh no, that's way to much commitment," I declared, shaking my head as Noya finally shook his shocked expression off.

"How'd you do that so easily? It took me a few months to get my flying receives to be that perfect!" he gasped as I skipped over to them with Hinata following like a lost puppy.

"Eh, I don't know. I mean I've seen you do them a ton so I just imagined what it looks like for you and copied," I said simply as Tanaka got a stupid grin on his face.

"Ya hear that Noya? She watched you play," he smirked as Noya glared at him.

"Yea, I also watch you play and I've gotta say, I just loved it when you got stuffed because Kenma and Kuroo switched places," I teased, ramming my shoulder into him as his face dropped.