1

Hey guys this is my first book on wattpad and I hope you like it. Feel free to comment or message me if you have any questions and I'll try my best to get back at them asap.... Enjoy! ~N

After rushing home from school and getting out the shower, racing to my laptop, I jump on the bed. As I'm logging in to the game, I'm praying he's still online. I've known Nathan for about a good year now. We became best friends after meeting on this online game, but for the past few months, I of course want more.

I put in my password and head straight to the virtual beach where he'd most likely be. Once I see his avatar, a sigh of relief escapes my lips.

Now I know what some of you might be thinking... "it's just a game."

But it's a game with real people, some from all over the world. I just so happened to meet this one person who genuinely makes me happier than most that surround me physically.

And I had to tell him this.

"Hey Nate :)" I type.

The nerves begin to build inside of me, along with butterflies raving in my stomach.

"Hay Maddie hows u"

"Im great yeah, can I tell u something?"

"Ya what's up"

I breathe in and begin to type.

"Alrigh well ik that u and I are best friends and have been for a long time now..but I think I'm startin to like u on a different level."

Before I can talk myself out of it, I press the enter key. He takes a long pause before replying. I'm probably crazy for thinking him and I can have anything outside of this game.

He finally replies and I look up at the screen, finding the unimaginable.

"Maddie, I like u too."

I stare at my screen blinking repeatedly. I must be seeing shit because this can't be real.

He.. likes me?

How the hell does he like me when he's shown no interest in that way towards me whatsoever? Maybe he's just saying that he does, but I know Nathan and he's not the type to just say things like this.

For a 19 year old he was very mature for his age, always kept to himself and very mysterious at the same time. I liked that about him, he was different. It was refreshing.

Right before I get to reply, he tells me he has to log off. I can't blame our time difference though. Him being in Ireland is 5 hours ahead of my New York timing. But before he goes, he gives me his Kik so that we can be able to text rather than having to be online.

He logs off and I do as well, laying back replaying everything that just happened.. I told him I had feelings for him, and he possibly feels the same way.

There's only one problem though.. I'm not actually 19. I'm 17 and if he finds out that I lied to him about my age, everything that just might have been the best thing that's ever happened to me..

Is gone.

Baby steps Madison, you two probably won't even make it that far.