23

"Hey Mrs.M is Cameron in his room?"

"Yeah sweetie he's up there, but hold on come back here." She says with a smile.

I walk back over to her and she holds my hands gently and stares into my eyes.

"You seem very happy lately. You're almost glowing." she says as she pushes a strand of hair out of my face.

"Well I guess so, I mean I am." I smile as I think of Nathan.

"Sweetie, I remember when I would smile like that. High school sweet heart, who's now my husband. And till this day I still smile. Only difference are the laugh lines." she chuckles a little and shakes her head.

I can't help but look at her and smile back. She seems so happy. And her and Mr. M have been together nearly 20 years. How do they not get bored? How are they still so in love?

"How do you keep the feelings alive?" I ask as I look back into her eyes.

"You don't force it to stay. Just go along with whatever happens. If you force the feeling, yes you must love the person but that isn't true love. If the feelings remain even after problems or differences, even good times and memories, that's all that matters when you're in love."

I blush and hear Cameron calling my name.

"Go on up darling I'll bring up some snacks in a bit. Remember, love can come and go. But true love, can last a lifetime." She smiles and turns over to the oven.

I smile and run upstairs already daydreaming of what could possibly be a future.

I try not to think about the future too often because I know Nathan doesn't see one so I try not to get involved in nonexistent dreams. They'll only fall apart in the end. That's what happens when I over think things.

"Hey Cam how's life?" I smile and sit on the desk chair.

"Ehh it's alright."

"Just alright?"

"Carly and I are sort of arguing."

"What's going on? Talk to Dr.Rosario." I laugh to myself thinking at how the roles had switched.

"Well she's jealous that I hang out with you Luna and Yasmin. She thinks I might be fooling around and I told her that you girls are like sisters to me but she's still insecure."

"Jeez she should know there's nothing to worry about. Yas is with Jayson, Luna is messing around with James and I'm with Nathan."

"I know I told her that but she still won't believe me.. Wait. Did you just say you were with Nathan??"

"Uh you know what I mean. Obviously not in that way."

"But you want it to be."

"I don't mind not having a title. What difference does it even make it's just a name. That shouldn't define what we are." I laugh a little and shrug.

"You guys are weird." He says while laughing softly.

"Weird is the new awesome. But back to you, if you'd like I can talk to her and maybe she will feel better about it."

"Yeah that'd be great, thanks Maddie I'll give her a quick call."

I nod and take my phone out to check if I got any messages and surly enough I got one from Nathan. I smile and reply back quickly before Cam passed me the phone.

"Hiya I'm Madison."

"Yeah slut you're the one messing with my boyfriend."

Alrighty then. This is going to be a long ass phone call. Let's hope this b*tch doesn't get out of hand. I'll let that one comment slide.