43

Ma said we had guest coming over tonight and after the talk we had I guess I'm feeling better about things. She's finally understanding.

I pull out some jeans and a white t-shirt and put it on with my converse. As I walk downstairs my mom immediately looks at me with disapproval.

"Madison really?"

"What? I think I look cute."

I look down at myself and push back a strand of hair.

"Go back upstairs and get in a nice dress and heels. A little makeup won't hurt. And make sure your hair is out of your face."

I stopped listening when she said dress.

"No way."

"Yes. Now go get dressed."

I sigh and walk back upstairs only to see Donavin wearing the same thing as me.

"Nice try, ma isn't going to let us."

We both go into our rooms and change. About a half hour later, I go downstairs in a green slightly fitted dress and nude heels. My hair is high up in a pony tail and I did a somewhat decent job with makeup.

Ma never tells me to dress up this much just for the house. What's the occasion?

If it's her getting married I'll be mad hype. Maybe she'd be a little more happy.

I go to the kitchen and see her getting out the food. I twirl sarcastically and she smiles widely.

"Beautiful Madison. Absolutely stunning. The green makes your brown eyes glow perfectly."

"Thanks ma, but why'd I have to dress up. Who's coming over?"

"Well.. you'll see.. but just give it a try please, like you told me. Be open and hear me out."

At this point I know what's going on.

"Mhm."

We walk to the dining room and my suspicions have been answered.

A tall maybe 6 foot boy with light brown hair and blue eyes pulls my chair out for me before taking his seat. I say thank you and look at him across from me.

"Hi I'm Mason.. You must be Madison? It's so lovely to meet you, and might I say, you are truly a beauty."

He smiles widely and I can see him getting red.

Is it rude for me to have a blank stare? I can tell he's sweet but I'm not interested. Not one ounce of attraction Has taken over my body.

Mentally nor physically.

With Nathan, all it took was one hello and I was already melted, and that was before I even knew what he looked like.

This dinner should be lovely.

And might I say, I might just go mad.

Perfect!