13

It's Sunday morning and I get out the shower and change into some sweats and a t-shirt. I lay down on my bed and get on Pinterest until I hear the skype ringtone. I light up smiling.

"Hey Nathan what's up?"

"Madison, we need to talk."

My mind starts turning and my heart starts racing. His tone doesn't sound too happy. He must have found out my age...

"Sure."

"My grades haven't really been at their best and I need to take some time to get back on track and study for finals. I don't want to, but this is my last year and I really need to do well if I want to get a good career. Don't think I don't want to talk to you because I love every second of it, but I need to just get these exams over with then I'll be back to talkin to you everyday."

I could hear the sadness in his voice. He's sad he has to leave me? And he actually told me? Thought he would just leave one day without notice. But at least I know what's going on and that he doesn't know my age.

"Yeah of course I completely understand... I'll miss you."

Did I just say that?! I'm so stupid!!!

He pauses before saying anything.

"Maddie, I'll miss you loads. More than you know."

"Do your best ya? You can do it and remember you have my full support no matter what. If you ever need someone to talk to or if you're stressin, you know where to find me."

"Thanks Maddie, be safe ya? Enjoy the rest of your day. I'll text you in a few months I promise I'll be back... I love you."

Oh my god! He said she loves me!!

"I.. I.. Love you too Nathan ... Take care."

We hang up and I look up at the ceiling and sigh. I don't know what to feel. I'm happy because now I know he loves me... But he's gone. I don't know how many months but all I can do is wait. But for this man I'd do anything. I text Cameron and tell him I'm coming over and he tells me Luna and Yas are already there.

I get dressed and run downstairs and down the block. When I get to Cams house I don't tell them about the "I love you" thing. Don't want to get my hopes up. All I can do is wait. And hopefully he'll come back. But all I know is this is going to be a long ass few months..

Just keep swimming.... ~~~~