24

"Um I'd really appreciate if you didn't speak to me in that manner."

"Well I would appreciate if you stopped talking to my boyfriend."

Oooooooh I'm one second away from snatching her hair out through the screen. Keep it classy Madison. Put her in her place with your words, not your hands.

"Listen, you do not know me nor have spoken to me in the time you have been with Cameron. I have been giving you respect due to the fact you're his girlfriend. Now I would appreciate the same respect back. Instead of barking on the phone, talk to me like a lady that I know we both are."

She stays quiet for a few moments before hesitating a reply.

"I'm.. I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted. Now I need you to know that I am not interested in Cameron that way. Neither is Luna, nor Yasmin. We have known him for a couple years now and he's like an older brother to all of us."

"So.. So none of you like him that way?"

"Not at all. Yasmin has a boyfriend named Jayson. Luna has her own. And I'm in a long distance relationship myself. Just as you are."

I just said that. Yup and I'm not taking it back. Cameron looks just surprised as I do.

"Oh. Well Cameron told me that but I didn't really believe him. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me, do it to him. He's a great guy and he's not the type to hurt you. I know long distance is hard and all but it's not going to work without trust or communication."

Whoa doctor Rosario is actually right. I'm speaking from the heart though. Every relationship needs those two things. Without trust it's a constant battle of overthinking. And if we don't communicate, we might as well end it.

"You're right."

Duh took her long enough to think so. Probably feelin mad stupid now.

"I'm sorry again, it was nice meeting you Madison and thank you. I'll talk to Cameron tonight."

"Anytime glad I can help."

I pass Cameron the phone and I whisper him goodbye as I hug him tightly. I walk downstairs and see Mrs. M speaking with her husband and the same smile from 20 years ago was still there. Maybe someday that'll be me. Trust and communication are important. But when the love is there, it's all in one.