52

I pull away from her grasp as I get off the counter.

"Jessie I can't."

I grab my cup and start to walk away.

"You seem scared. What's wrong?" She asks as she holds my hand and pulls me back towards her.

"I'm not scared. I just have a boyfriend."

"Oh well that's okay. I do too, but I don't mind having a little fun.. don't you think?" She smiles warmly.

She seems so at ease. I can tell she isn't harmful at all. But I feel like I cheated on Nathan.

"I don't think my boyfriend would like this." I say as I try to gently get out of her grasp.

"Okay we don't have to do anything like that, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." she says sincerely.

"No it's okay, you didn't."

"Well come back over here then, let's talk about endless possibilities of nothingness."

She looks out the window and smiles.

"It's a beautiful night out. Wanna go to my car and watch the sky out back for a while?"

"Ya sure."

She holds my hand and hops off the counter and walks me through the back door.

As we walk outside I immediately notice how bright the stars were. They were absolutely beautiful.

"Nice out huh?" She asks as she gazes up at the sky.

"Ya it's almost memorizing."

We walk over to her car and she sits up on trunk. She holds out her hand for me as I get up and sit beside her.

"Maddie, I take it you haven't really been with a girl?"

"I mean no, I haven't really."

I feel like such a dweeb. I'm so inexperienced compared to other girls my age. But maybe that's a good thing?

Nah. Nathan would probably laugh at me seeing how awkward I am.

"Hey that's nothing to be ashamed of. That's actually really cute." she says as she looks over at me.

"Eh not really." I laugh.

"To be quite honest, the innocence is actually attractive. You're basically like a unicorn. Super rare." she smiles and looks back up at the sky.

Maybe I am rare, in a way. And maybe that's good.

"Well then, like you said. Weird is good." I smile.

"So it's a beautiful night and we are a couple girls at a party, let's bash out our Ex's." she laughs as she takes a sip from her cup.

I immediately stiffen up and look away from the sky.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing."

"Ah c'mon what's up?"

"My ex wasn't the best."

"Well duh, that's why he's an ex." she chuckles.

True.

"Well he was sorta abusive to me so ya you're right, that's why he's an ex." I say as I sip some water.

"Why would anyone harm your beautiful body?"

I look over at her nearly in disbelief.

Me? Beautiful?

She's clearly as blind as a bat.

"You're silly." I say.

"Not kidding though, you're an amazing girl and I've known you for maybe a few hours. That's more than enough to see that."

"Well that's sweet, I wish he could have seen it that way."

I don't miss the jerk but it would have been nice if he handled things differently. But no, instead he left marks on my body and crap in my mind.

I notice Jessie staring at my lips and I gaze at her eyes.

"What?" I ask as I laugh softly.

"I'm sorry but you're beautiful."

"I can say the same about you." I smile.

"Okay you're probably not going to talk to me after this party, so I'm going to make the most of it now."

She moves closer to me and pushes my hair off my shoulder.

I hardly make a sound and sit there still as she kisses my neck softly.

"If you feel pressured then feel free to stop me." she whispers as she moves my sleeve down.

For some reason I can't stop her. It's like I don't want her to.

She kisses me lower and reaches my collar bone.

I think I found my spot. Because after that I felt absolutely compelled.

She looks up at me smiling as I pull on her shirt and kiss her.

I could sorta tell she was surprised by the way she gasped lightly.

Right before she tries taking my shirt off I wimp out.

"I have to go." I say as I stand up and feel a sudden wave of want.

"That's okay, hey take my number?"

"Already have it." I smile.

I turn to walk away but I get pulled back and once again kissed.

Damn it she needs to stop. I mean I don't want her to.

Yes Madison you do. Jeez calm your ass down.

"Alright alright I know you have to go. Text me tomorrow if you want?"

I get out of her embrace with lustful eyes.

"Y.. ya. Sure."

"Night Maddie." she smiles.

"Night Jessie."

I turn around and try to walk normally. But that's pretty hard when I'm practically soaked.

Damn it.

I rush into the house and see Luna and Yasmin and as soon as Luna lays eyes on me she smirks.

"Alrighty girls I'm goin home I'll see you in the mornin." I say.

"It's 3 am Maddie." Says Yasmin as she chuckles.

Crap my mom is going to kill me.

"I know what you're thinking girl. Say you're sleeping over at my house tonight. I'll leave with you now, we got loads to talk about" she winks.

"Okay fine."

I take out my phone and send my mom a quick message. A few minutes later she replies with approval and I sigh in relief. I'm glad she's not being difficult.

"Alright girl let's go." She says.

We get in her car and I breathe in deeply replaying all that happened tonight.

"Mhmm I hear that sigh. But I can tell you're tired so you can tell me all about it in the morning." she says.

"Thanks Luna."

Damn it. I have explaining to do to Luna, my mother, and Nathan.

I'm only really scared about Nathan though.

This might just be the end of something that might have been the best thing in my life.

But I have to face the consequences.