77

I hug my mom tightly and whisper a thank you.

"You two have fun okay, will you be staying over at her house tonight?" She asks me as she looks at Jessie.

"Yes, tomorrow it's a girls day so if you don't mind can Madison stay over at my place?"

"Not a problem."

Jessie and I walk up to my room and I pack a few clothes.

"That was very good Madison you're going to Ireland!!" Squeals Jessie.

I'm still in awe that this is all happening and I'm actually going to meet Nathan, in person. I'm really excited, but I'm also very nervous. I can't imagine what it'll feel like when I'm actually with him. What if he doesn't like me? Am I wasting my time by even going.. Will this actually work out? Does he even want me?

I'm snatched from my thoughts as Jessie pulls my arm and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"I'm nervous and I'm thinking. And it's not good and you know how I get when I overthink and what if I'm not his type when I get there like what if he decides I'm not the right one? I can't...-"

"Madison shut the hell up okay? You're always thinking for everyone else and making it way bigger than it has to be. I know you're going alone, and he sorta does have the upper hand in this one but trust when I say this is worth it. You two both need this, alright? Don't let the fear or nervousness take over you. Just breathe, and go."

She looks at me intently as the pad of her thumb traces my cheek. I smile somewhat weakly and breathe in.

"Thanks Jess, you made me feel a whole lot better."

"That's my job love, I'm here no matter what."

I finish packing my bag and she carries it for me. As we walk downstairs, Donavin's dumb ass stops us.

"Hey ladies. Jessie, you're looking....-"

"No thanks." chuckles Jessie.

She holds my hand and goes down the stairs with me. I say goodbye to my mom and get into the car with Jessie.

"Wanna Skype Nathan? I have to make a few stops on the ride home so you have loads of time." She says while driving.

"Ya sure, I'll give him a text."

A few minutes later, I hear the Skype ringtone.

"Hey Nate."

"Hey Maddie how's you?"

The rasp in his voice lets me know he probably woke up from a nap. I loved that sound.

"I'm great ya, goin over to Jessie's house for the night, what about you?"

"I'm grand ya. So you ready for this weekend righ?"

"Almost, just a few more things and I'll be ready to go."

"Maddie I bet you're packing your entire wardrobe." He chuckles.

"Am not! But I do hope you're ready to hold my bags."

"Psh nope how about you carry your bags and I'll carry you."

"How would that work?" I laugh.

"True you have a point there, but Alrigh once you get to the airport I'll carry your bags. But you gotta come all the way to me, I'm not runnin an inch to you."

"And you think I'll be running to you?"

"No that's too cliché. That's what every LDR video does. We gotta be unique so how about you walk ya then righ before you reach me you slide on the floor and BAM there you are."